Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Recruiting after acceptance letter

dk0864dk0864 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
I'm a swimmer trying to get recruited. I contacted coaches and they sent me goal times for me to achieve. Now I was wondering how much a college coach can do if you get denied by that school but then achieve those goal times and even get times fast enough to be top three at that school.
Thanks!

Replies to: Recruiting after acceptance letter

• SeniorStrugglingSeniorStruggling Registered User Posts: 327 Member
    Apply rd and talk to the coach, athletic factors help a lot
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone Registered User Posts: 14,121 Senior Member
    You still have to get accepted by the school. The coach cannot admit you to the school. It would be up to the school whether to reconsider your application based on a request from a coach.
  • needscaffeineneedscaffeine Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Did you already apply and get deferred? In any case, I would contact the coaches right away, tell them your new best times, and see if they have any pull with Admissions in Regular Decision. From my swimmer's experience, coaches generally have the most pull during the Early Decision period. However, it is worth trying.
  • dk0864dk0864 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    needscaffeine No, I haven't gotten deferred yet. My coach said it was possible and I wasn't sure if it was true.
  • siliconvalleymomsiliconvalleymom Registered User Posts: 4,461 Senior Member
    There is a big difference between an application that is denied and one that is deferred. I have never heard of a coach being able to reverse a denial after the fact.
This discussion has been closed.