Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Football Camps & Injury

mathfbmathfb Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I'm currently a high school junior. I have good GPA and SAT, so I'm focusing mainly on top academic D3s. Ivy or Georgetown would be a dream, but I'm not focusing on any other D1s.

I recently got injured and do not expect I'll be in good shape to attend any camp this summer --- or at least perform my best. However, I fully expect to be playing as a senior.

I've already been talking to most of the top D3s and some of the Ivy coaches. However, I'm not sure how to navigate everything when they invite me to camps.

I do not mind at all visiting with the coaches over the spring or summer, meeting the coaches, taking a campus tour, and so forth.

I know honesty is the best policy, but I'm worried there might be a negative stigma of my injury and that there's not much point in addressing the injury if it will not affect the big picture in terms of my football playing as a senior. If there's truly no stigma, I don't mind.

I suppose at the same time, how disastrous is not attending D3 camps? My guess is if I don't attend an Ivy camp, I'm absolutely out?

Thank you for any feedback!
This discussion has been closed.