right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Football Camps & Injury

mathfbmathfb 0 replies1 threads New Member
I'm currently a high school junior. I have good GPA and SAT, so I'm focusing mainly on top academic D3s. Ivy or Georgetown would be a dream, but I'm not focusing on any other D1s.

I recently got injured and do not expect I'll be in good shape to attend any camp this summer --- or at least perform my best. However, I fully expect to be playing as a senior.

I've already been talking to most of the top D3s and some of the Ivy coaches. However, I'm not sure how to navigate everything when they invite me to camps.

I do not mind at all visiting with the coaches over the spring or summer, meeting the coaches, taking a campus tour, and so forth.

I know honesty is the best policy, but I'm worried there might be a negative stigma of my injury and that there's not much point in addressing the injury if it will not affect the big picture in terms of my football playing as a senior. If there's truly no stigma, I don't mind.

I suppose at the same time, how disastrous is not attending D3 camps? My guess is if I don't attend an Ivy camp, I'm absolutely out?

Thank you for any feedback!
0 replies
· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity