Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

D3 colle baseball recruiting

JoeYunJoeYun Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hey. I'm a rising Junior and I have 3.1GPA. I didn't take SAT yet, but I'm gonna take AP Calculus next year. I am planning on going to NYU, Washington University in St. Louis, RPI, UCSD, University of Rochester, and Cal tech. Is this academic part good enough for me to go to college as baseball? And is SAT score that important for me? If you are good at baseball, is coach going to take me into the school no matter how good I do academically?

Replies to: D3 colle baseball recruiting

• BKSquaredBKSquared Registered User Posts: 1,090 Senior Member
    Cal Tech does not give its coaches' any admissions slots and all student athletes are expected to have similar academics as the general student body. A 3.1 is not going to cut it there. For other academic D3 programs, even where coaches have designated admissions slots, in the vast majority (if not all) cases, the admissions office has final approval, and there are academic standards that have to be met. These will vary by school, but if the athlete does not meet academic standards, it won't matter how skilled of a player he is.
  • nhparent9nhparent9 Registered User Posts: 192 Junior Member
    BK is correct on all and I will add that you definitely need to take the SAT (or ACT) if you're thinking about a high academic school. I don't think any of the schools you've listed are going to be all that excited about a 3.1 GPA no matter what you do on the field.
  • ChembiodadChembiodad Registered User Posts: 2,435 Senior Member
    Agree, a 3.1 GPA isn't going to get it done at a highly selective D3 - the student athlete academic bands aren't that wide....
This discussion has been closed.