Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Uchicago swim coach call in July

wingjuerwingjuer Registered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
i want to know if anyone here is going to be recruited by uchicago swim team? Will coach give an official call in July? I heard they already start offering official trip ? My D is a swimmer she exchanged several emails with coach but no calls, she is so afraid that coach will not consider her. Any inputs here is appreciated.

Replies to: Uchicago swim coach call in July

• SwimDad99SwimDad99 Registered User Posts: 196 Junior Member
    My son was recruited by Chicago as a swimmer last year. The coach called my boy at least once and offered a visit, but it was August or September as I recall. So there's plenty of time. Keep reaching out but also look at other options. We loved several of the NESCAC schools but also WUSTL, JHU, and Swarthmore.

DS did not ultimately visit. Chicago is a truly great school, so it was just a matter of fit. Ended up at Williams College instead.
  • wingjuerwingjuer Registered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
    thanks SwimDad99
  • jumpermomjumpermom Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    But please prod your daughter to make a phone call. Simply emailing coaches is not enough. She can stand out in the coach's mind if she takes the initiative to make that call.
  • wingjuerwingjuer Registered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
    Thanks jumpermom. I will encourage her to call!
This discussion has been closed.