right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Post Likely Letter

FatErgFatErg 5 replies5 threads New Member
If you/anyone you know received a likely letter while getting recruited, what did your/their grades look like the rest of the year? Was senior year a breeze after signing? Any minimum GPA you had to uphold?

9 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Post Likely Letter

• fbsdreamsfbsdreams 476 replies15 threads Member
    Health, grades and sterting clear of problems should be the biggest concern after the LL, stressing the healthy !!

Depends on the academic rigor, but even with a top 5 academic school my son cruised.
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 39558 replies7170 threads Super Moderator
    Health, grades and sterting clear of problems should be the biggest concern after the LL, stressing the healthy !!

The Terms and Conditions for admissions are the same whether or not one receives a LL. There should be no coasting. If the grades tank, the offer of admission is likely to be rescinded.
    · Reply · Share
  • nhparent9nhparent9 195 replies0 threads Junior Member
    If the basis of your question is "are they still tracking grades?" - the answer is yes.
    · Reply · Share
  • FatErgFatErg 5 replies5 threads New Member
    Obviously there is a standard, but what would that be? If I kept an 85ish average (I'm Canadian so we don't have GPA) in a rigorous course load would that be high enough?
    · Reply · Share
  • tarrydadtarrydad 10 replies1 threads New Member
    While my athlete daughter is still in HS, my non athlete son enrolled as a freshman at an ivy this year. After he got in ED he coasted a bit, grades dropped a little (still good grades) and he even dropped an AP with college's permission. No problems and he's happily enrolled. Hope that helps.
    · Reply · Share
  • Emsmom1Emsmom1 1005 replies77 threads Senior Member
    My daughter's likely letter stated she would maintain likely status "if you maintain the academic and social record you presented to XXX in your application." She did get a couple of Bs after the likely letter but her grades stayed pretty much what they were when she applied.
    · Reply · Share
  • Ohiodad51Ohiodad51 2459 replies41 threadsForum Champion Athletic Recruits Forum Champion
    My son's grades dropped a little. I assume that is normal, given that most of the kids headed to highly selective schools have been busting tail for years. A little bit of a let up is understandable and I am sure expected. I also doubt very seriously that the admissions department has the time or the inclination to peruse transcripts to see if As start turning into Bs or the occasional C.

I think the only thing his coach told him was don't get in trouble and no Ds
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 39558 replies7170 threads Super Moderator
    Obviously there is a standard, but what would that be?
    Generally, it means don't get a D, don't get arrested, and don't be found to have lied on your application. A B will not jeopardize your admission.
    · Reply · Share
  • SevenDadSevenDad 4267 replies135 threads Senior Member
    edited September 2017
    In discussing this matter with LL recipients from years past, the "don't get a D, don't get arrested, don't plagiarize, and don't get busted for D&A" guideline seemed to be the general rule of thumb.
    edited September 2017
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity