Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Pre-Read feedback

2»

Replies to: Pre-Read feedback

• BKSquaredBKSquared Registered User Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Many D3 coaches will schedule OV's before preread results based on their experience with what will satisfy the AO. They want to get their top recruits on campus early to show love and to sell them first. Remember OV's for D3's do not include travel expenses so inviting recruits for OV's is relatively low risk for D3 coaches. Don't mean to potentially rain on your parade, and maybe this coach does not extend OV's until after prereads and the AO is in fact slow, but you might want to temper your expectations and not wait so long for JHU that the schools that are interested move on because you are not showing them love.
  • jmtabbjmtabb Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    I can verify this. My kid is only looking at DIII schools, and had been given the impression that invites for OV’s came out July 1. We received one invite in mid-June. There was absolutely no concern that my kid would clear any academic prereads and we got the impression that they wanted to lock her in early.
  • PeaceGrassPeaceGrass Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    @jmtabb Thanks for the feedback. We have the same impression too as the other schools we got the OV responded within 1-2 week after we sent the transcripts in. We also do not want to keep the other schools waiting on us.
2»