right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

SAT Subject Test for athletic recruits?

GKUnionGKUnion 112 replies3 postsRegistered User Junior Member
Are recruits required to take SAT Subject Tests when applying to selective schools?

Which schools require/suggest them?

With free time at a premium during the school year I’d hate for my son to focus unnecessary effort against something with minimal impact on his future admission chances.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: SAT Subject Test for athletic recruits?

• skieuropeskieurope 38478 replies6730 postsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    The testing requirements change with each application cycle, and may change further this next cycle. Fewer colleges are requiring Subject Tests. The ones that do as of this moment include MIT, Caltech, Harvey Mudd, Cornell (Arts & Sciences only). The ones that recommend them (and this is not exhaustive) include: the rest of the Ivy League, Duke, Rice, Georgetown, Emory, UC (for some campuses and/or majors). Most colleges will have their requirements on the website.

In terms of those colleges where recommended really means required, the best answer will come from the coach, and it certainly a fair question for your son to ask.
    · Reply · Share
  • helmut?helmut? 17 replies0 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    My son’s experience was that it depended on the school. He chose to take one each during freshman and junior years corresponding to AP courses/tests he was studying for anyway. It did not take up much extra time except the couple of Saturday AMs. This was more than sufficient to satisfy the Ivy he was recruited to.
    · Reply · Share