right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

NESCAC Soccer

2»

Replies to: NESCAC Soccer

• njcentconfnjcentconf 137 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 137 Junior Member
    If the coach is supporting your application, it will provide a bit of wiggle room if scores are at the low end of the range. But the coach only gets to support a few applicants each season, and you must hear those words directly to know if that's happening. If the scores are too much below the range for a good school like the NESCAC's, then the coach most likely will pass. There's alot of brilliant, terrific soccer players out there and the only way to make sure they will get through 4 years is to pick the best ones that can thrive at the school.
    Playing at a high level in club will increase the chances of the coach seeing a player and being the type of player the coach will recruit. But if the coach doesn't see the player, and know the player is interested, then the coach won't waste the limited number of supports he/she has on a player.
    Also, some coaches want their supported players to apply early decision. That way the coach is going out on a limb to support, and the player demonstrates their committment to the school by applying early. You need to have the conversations with the coaches to find out.
    · Reply · Share
  • bentleybearbentleybear 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I heard D3 teams are allowed to train/play friendlies during a few week window during Spring. True? If so are games open to the public and how do we find out when/where they are?
    · Reply · Share
  • NorthMinnesotaNorthMinnesota 6598 replies70 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,668 Senior Member
    Yes, DIII does have spring season. Check out college website of contact coach to get schedule. And yes they are open to public.
    · Reply · Share
  • 3togo3togo 5218 replies15 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,233 Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    ^ #18

FYI - the quality of play in D3 will range from teams that could play D1 to teams that are of HS quality depending on the school and the league. If you're going to watch the team your child is interested in that works fine ... if you're going to a random D3 game to check out D3 soccer ... these games may be quite different than those at the school in which your child is interested.
    edited April 2009
    · Reply · Share
  • bentleybearbentleybear 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Point taken. No question there is an upper, middle and lower level of D3. I've seen the Williams Col. women play and they are quality, certainly on a par with many mid D1 teams. I've watched Union (NY), Wesleyan (Ct),and Trinity (Ct) played in the past few seasons and they are pretty good too. I think they are mostly made up of good club players who also did well in H.S. I know there are even a few Regional(ODP) players here and there at the higher levels of D3. Why not, when you can get a great education and play a sport in season.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity