Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

are these stats good enough for recruiting at an ivy?

fulcrum22fulcrum22 Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
edited August 2009 in Athletic Recruits
yale or brown = top choices

gpa: (unweighted) around 3.7 or 3.8
SAT: 2100 (will retake, hoping for >2200)
SATII: Chem: 690, Bio: 750, Math2: 730
ec's: some leadership positions, pretty involved outside of my sport in clubs and such

&my times are competitive judging by the stats posted on the schools' websites

Also: should i retake my SAT, or is this score competitive enough?
Post edited by fulcrum22 on

Replies to: are these stats good enough for recruiting at an ivy?

• shuaishuaishuaishuaishuaishuai Registered User Posts: 894 Member
    the most importnat thing for recruiting is to be actually good at ur sport lol. Your stats are fine. Your ecs won't matter that much if you are recruited athlete
  • Biggie_SmallsBiggie_Smalls Registered User Posts: 587 Member
    ^Yeah, man, for a recruited athlete, those scores are pretty damn good. There are regular admissions people with those stats, if you play a sport well enough to be recruited you're stellar.
  • ImCrazyImCrazy Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
    Yea you're good if you have good times. Just out of curiosity do you do T&F? And what are those times. You don't have to tell me if your worried about identity problems or something.
  • keylymekeylyme Registered User Posts: 2,825 Senior Member
    If you are recruitable for your sport, those stats are most likely higher than you need.
  • cnp55cnp55 Registered User Posts: 3,707 Senior Member
    Agree. If the coach wants you, admissions will be happy to sign off. Coach wanting you is the biggie in this case.
  • riverrunnerriverrunner Registered User Posts: 2,715 Senior Member
    I'm with everyone else on this. The only other wild card I can think of is what your current coach will say about you and your potential as a college athlete, and how "coachable" you are. Hopefully he thinks you're wonderful....
  • Biggie_SmallsBiggie_Smalls Registered User Posts: 587 Member
    "Coach wanting you is the biggie in this case."

^LOL.
  • fulcrum22fulcrum22 Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    imcrazy - high jump PR is currently 5'4'', hoping for at least 5'6'' by the time i contact coaches. does anyone with experience in T+F recruiting know if thats good enough?

also, can anyone weigh in on whether it's worth it to retake the SAT's, or is this score high enough? after all if they are why not save my $ and time
  • 3xboys3xboys Registered User Posts: 319 Member
    What year are you?
  • ImCrazyImCrazy Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
    The scores high enough, for a girl the HJ seems good, but idk really know. Someone around here usualy post T&F guidelines.
This discussion has been closed.