Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

More D3 Disasters

1235»

Replies to: More D3 Disasters

• ihs76ihs76 Registered User Posts: 1,866 Senior Member
    Thanks for the supportive messages. We're doing OK (DS better than me, probably because I feel more responsible for having encouraged him to become attached to this school).

Monstor, its a school you're interested in, so PM me if you want more details.

Riverrunner, unfortunately DS is going to be spending his holidays writing RD apps. He knew this could be how he spent his vacation and it was his choice to wait :). So you think we should contact the coach again after a while if we don't hear back? Those pesky lost e-mails.

royal, possible for RD but their RD accept rate is in the single digits. We'll have to see but we're mentally disengaging from the school.

There's a T20 school he could get into with a coach that wants him but it's not a super academic fit although not bad. The best school for him academically doesn't have a team in his sport but he may be heading in that direction, and just go the club route.
  • mayhewmayhew Registered User Posts: 643 Member
    ihs76: Definitely contact the coach again - I find it unbelievable that he has yet to email your S - acknowledging this situation is the very least he can do. He is a part of all that you are going through.... Good luck with everything -
  • ihs76ihs76 Registered User Posts: 1,866 Senior Member
    I was feeling kind of stupid that maybe we were reading too much into his 'apply early, commit to attend' request but you all are making me feel better. He never said anything about likelihood of admission but was pleased at sons stats etc. Maybe we should have been more frank and asked him straight up like many of you say you did. Well, it is/was DS's first choice so we would have gone the EA route there even without coaches support, but we would have kept the likelihood of non-acceptance front and center if we hadn't had the athletic angle.
  • OldbatesieDocOldbatesieDoc Registered User Posts: 2,058 Senior Member
    I totally understand, and it is SO hard to press-you feel pushy, bad-mannered, and like a helicopter parent.
    We encouraged our S to switch from choice 1 to choice 2, because he had struggled between them anyway, but if he had said he wanted to try school 1 even once the coach said he couldn't give support, we would have let him. He NEVER would have thought of being able to attend this school without the coach's encouragement. That was part of why I was upset....
1235»
This discussion has been closed.