Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Level of Interest?

lovefootballlovefootball Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
edited August 2010 in Athletic Recruits
I am a 2011 graduate and am new to this board. I am getting many emails from Division III schools (mostly NESCAC) and a few Div IAA schools. They are inviting me to attend a home game this season with complimentary tickets. The travel expense would be mine. Does that mean I am not very high on their recruiting list because they are not offering fully paid "official visits"?? My sport is football, and I would appreciate any help you can offer me.
Post edited by lovefootball on

Replies to: Level of Interest?

• Runners2Runners2 Registered User Posts: 308 Member
    DIII schools can't offer "official visits" that include travel costs per NCAA regulations. However, they often offer to host a student overnight in dorms with current team members and set up tours, classroom visits, etc. You might ask about those possibilities along with attending the home games they have offered.
  • lovefootballlovefootball Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks for the response. Does that apply to D1AA schools too (patriot league and southern conference)?
This discussion has been closed.