Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AUSOM Scholarships

collegekid1455collegekid1455 Registered User Posts: 26 Junior Member
The deadline for general scholarships ended on 2/1/19. Does anyone know when they begin to award these scholarships? And when should I expect my financial aid package?

Replies to: AUSOM Scholarships

• HandLMumHandLMum Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    i looked back at my daughter’s notification letter, and it was dated Dec 7, 2016 (she is a sophomore now). Sorry, I don’t remember exactly when she applied, butI have the scholarship deadline written on my calendar as Dec 1 that year, so it seems like it was a pretty quick process. Looks like they have slipped that deadline quite a bit if it is Feb 1 now. Best of luck!
  • HandLMumHandLMum Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    To follow up, I just looked at AUsome, and for incoming freshmen (which I assumed you were?), the deadline still says Dec 1, so I imagine freshman scholarships have already been awarded. If you are a transfer student or current student, then the deadline was Feb 1, and I have no idea how quickly they make decisions on those.
  • radsmomradsmom Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Just attended a recruiting event yesterday. The school scholarship decisions are announced 3/4/19.
  • collegekid1455collegekid1455 Registered User Posts: 26 Junior Member
    @radsmom oh thanks! Just what I needed to know
    Departmental and General Scholarships are out!
  • bigeyessmithbigeyessmith Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 6
    S/w Admissions on 3/4 they told me scholarships are going out this week and next. If you do not hear by end of next week, then you did not receive one. They recommended checking the students tigermail account regularly.
  • bigeyessmithbigeyessmith Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    collegekid 1455 - did you receive an email or a physical letter detailing your scholarship info?
    @bigeyessmith I checked my tigermail on Monday and they sent an email informing me that I received a scholarship on AUSOM. It was only 1 scholarship so far I think they are still releasing more throughout the week.