Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

admitted students

13»

Replies to: admitted students

• blipblip Registered User Posts: 828 Member
    but now you have to pay like 22K? well thts a lot of money!
  • amargrosaamargrosa Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    i know.......its a good place...and well we can sort of afford it
    good for you...hope you enjoy it there.
    this is late but.....thnks for the goodluck Jackman
  • prioberoiprioberoi Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    hey amargrosa; I'm going to Bard as well.. got the 20grand scholarship, think I'm in the same situation as you.. are u going to take a foreign loan? Anyway, I'm psyched about going there..!!
  • amargrosaamargrosa Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    hey prioberoi

im psyched about going too, really seems like my kinda place.

nah i want to be an actor so i dont think a loan is an option since i have no idea if ill be able to pay it back, we can sort of afford it if we make a few small sacrifices so thats what im doing. besides, im gonna try and keep good grades and hopefully try and get more aid for the next year.

I should be visiting the campus sometime next week when im in the us, ill put up a post about what that was like after its done
  • prioberoiprioberoi Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    amargrosa, that would be great!,tell us how it goes..
  • radhikaradhika Registered User Posts: 397 Member
    I'm not Coming..
    enjoy yourselves
  • Greenmoon33Greenmoon33 Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    ah! i'm only a senior (as in done with junior year of hs...) what do you (accepted) guys and gals think about my chances applying IDP next year?? bard is my top choice right now.

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=69329
  • LouisXIVLouisXIV Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a friend who wanted to go to Bard but did not get in and was going to go to Ithica. However, this week he claims he called Bard up and told them he really wanted to go to thier school and he got 2 awards at graduation, a computer award and some art award, nothing impressive just faculty choice awards. So he claims that Bard was impressed with this and is now offering/promising him a spot in the class of 2010 since there are no more spots for the class of 2009, and that he can just "hang out" for a year untill next fall rolls around. He is telling everyone that this is the first time Bard has done anything like this in 120 years. He is just an average student, Lower 1200 SAT, 3.4 GPA no APs, no language. Would Bard be some willing to do this for such a mediocore student without even making him re apply? Or is it more possible that this is just a story because he's taking a year off to re apply to all the schools he wanted to go to but did not get in. A school as high ranked as Bard doing this sounds just odd to me.
  • Rhapsody724Rhapsody724 Registered User Posts: 139 Junior Member
    I was waitlisted at Bard and recently received a letter saying that they are most likely not taking anyone from the waitlist but offered me the same option as your friend. They didn't guarantee me a spot but they said I could send them any awards or recognitions and possibly get a spot in the class of 2010. I don't think it's worth it.
13»
This discussion has been closed.