Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

How do I impress Barnard without sounding like a whiny teenager?

aribrogaribrog Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited November 2012 in Barnard College
I'm a high school senior and my top choice is Barnard. I'm applying ED and have already done an interview and sat in on a class. The only problem is that my GPA is significantly below their standards. This is due to family/health issues that I did explain in the additional information section of the application, but I'm really worried that it's just not acceptable. Is there any way I can make sure Barnard knows how much I want to go there and that my abilities are above my high school GPA without sounding like a whiny teenager?

Thanks
Post edited by aribrog on

Replies to: How do I impress Barnard without sounding like a whiny teenager?

• churchmusicmomchurchmusicmom Registered User Posts: 4,059 Senior Member
    I am sure you talked about that in your interview, right? And beyond that, it sounds as if you have pretty much done all you can do.

EVERYONE who applies to Barnard faces stiff odds for admission, and of course, you should have other great schools in mind just in case.

Best to you....
This discussion has been closed.