Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Official Barnard College Early Decision Class of 2018

Replies to: Official Barnard College Early Decision Class of 2018

• collegebound1260collegebound1260 Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    omg. can someone please just chance me quickly? i am currently hyperventilating about Barnard and cannot wait, because I have a feeling I am rejected.

I have a 29 ACT (higher scores on english and reading, lower on math and science...I plan on majoring in English)
    My GPA is a 3.5 UW, but I have taken an advanced courseload, complete with 10 AP's total by the time I graduate.
    My transcript is filled with A's in advanced English classes, but I've tried to maintain a balanced curriculum (similar to Barnard's view, 9 Ways, mentioned on my Why Barnard, because I don't know what I want to do exactly) which is why my Physics and AP Calc grades are lower (B's and B+'s). I have gotten A+'s in all my art classes, and am taking AP Art now, I have submitted a portfolio.
    I have tons of EC's and I'm pretty sure at least one rec is amazing, the other is probably okay. My Commonapp essay I wrote about how I volunteer at an animal shelter, kinda cheesy but very genuine. My teachers said my supplements were strong, but you never know.
    Do I have any chance?

I also had an interview which went extremely well, and visited and toured.
  • PurpleWriter6729PurpleWriter6729 Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! I hope we will all be a part of Barnard's Class of 2018!!!
  • Collegebound4028Collegebound4028 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    AH I'M SO NERVOUS!! good luck to everyone! we'll see what happens... is anyone else just like freaking out because it just became real or is it just me?
  • churchmusicmomchurchmusicmom Registered User Posts: 4,059 Senior Member
    Collegebound1260, of course you have a chance. I cannot tell you if it's a good chance or a slim one (and neither can anyone else here, really). And you only have a few days to wait to find out….hang in there.

Best to all you wonderful ladies!
    @collegebound4028, it's not just you :D
  • mollycomollyco Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    am i the only crazy one counting down the hours?? :O
  • barnard123barnard123 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    ahhhhh I can hardly take it! Barnard is the only college I want to go to. I actually don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get in. I daydream about it in class and I have dreams about it every night. I think I'm in love. And I cannot believe we're finding out tomorrow night, that is insane. I feel like I went down on one knee and offered a marriage proposal and now I'm waiting for them to accept, its nerve-wrecking.
    So tonight is the night...I wish you all the best of luck :)
  • frohawkingfrohawking Registered User Posts: 186 Junior Member
    I wanna throw up. I'm so nervous. Is evening time considered five pm eastern?
    Frohawking, on their spring.me account, it says about 6 PM EST. 7 PM EST at the latest.
  • collegebound1260collegebound1260 Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    did anyone hear anything?? live on long island and nothing here yet :(
    Nothing yet
    Nothing yet
  • thatlazybumthatlazybum Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Just received one! Brooklyn. c:

Good luck to the rest of ya!
    Accepted!!
This discussion has been closed.