Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Official Barnard College Early Decision Class of 2018

PurpleWriter6729PurpleWriter6729 Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
edited December 2013 in Barnard College
Hi! So considering it's almost a month away until we find out, I figured I'd create this thread for updates, questions, acceptances, rejections, etc. Good luck to all!!
Post edited by PurpleWriter6729 on

Replies to: Official Barnard College Early Decision Class of 2018

• summresummre Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Good luck to all of us!!!!
    Did anyone receive any confirmation email from Barnard after submitting the CommonApp???
  • PurpleWriter6729PurpleWriter6729 Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    Summre, yes I received confirmation about a few days after I submitted my Common App. I also received a tracking number so I could track my app on the Barnard website. :)
  • summresummre Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Purplewriter6729

You are so lucky! I submitted mine on the 8th and havent heard back from Barnard yet. On the website it says the tracking email takes 2 or 3 weeks if I submit near or on the 8th. Sigh, hopefully I will get mine asap!
  • triforceofsaratriforceofsara Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    I submitted mine Oct. 31st and got confirmation a week or so later! A lot of my stuff (SAT and teacher recs.) don't appear to have gone through though and that worries me a little bit. Is that the case for a lot of people?
    Summre, it's probably taking a little longer because you submitted your app on the deadline. No worries!

Triforceofsara, all of my stuff has gone through...maybe you should talk to your guidance counselor just in case? I submitted mine October 27th and my recommendations and essays went through on November 1st. My SATs went through on November 8th, so they took a little longer if that's helpful.

Good luck!
  • heytypethisinheytypethisin Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    I also submitted mine on the 8th but I received a confirmation email about a week ago.

Regarding the application tracker, it says all of my materials have been submitted except for a mid year report and a final transcript. What is a midyear report?
  • honeybee63honeybee63 Registered User Posts: 592 Member
    HeyTTI, that's your mid year grades — and final transcript is obviously end of year grades. No matter when you are admitted (EDI or II or RD) colleges will follow your academic progress through the school year and up to the end :). Mid year grades become very important if your early decision is deferred...
    A quick question...

I just got an email from Barnard asking for my first quarter grades. The email stated that Barnard sent this to all ED applicants. I'm just wondering...how do we know when our first quarter grades go through? They don't have a "slot" on the App Tracker.
  • 123lar123lar Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    @PurpleWriter6729
    I was wondering the same thing when I sent my first quarter grades. They updated my transcript section with a new date when they received them. :)
  • ginnygjginnygj Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    In response to the first quarter grades question. Those are part of your transcript and so do not have a special section on the Barnard track your app site. If you applied or had your transcript sent before your school had completed the first quarter grading, then Barnard would have only received 9th-11th grade grades. They also need the first quarter of senior year so I'm sure they just wanted an updated transcript.
    Oh, I see. Thank you!
  • collegebound1260collegebound1260 Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    hey everyone! i also applied to Barnard ED and would be honored to go there/be accepted considering my lower stats... anyone want to be the first to post their stats?
  • mollycomollyco Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    does anyone know the exact day we find out from barnard? I'd heard Dec 15, but that's a Sunday and I heard that Barnard sends decisions via regular mail. Can anyone confirm that?
  • angelfishxangelfishx Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    barnard informs international students via emails!
    @mollyco, yup Barnard sends decision letters through regular mail. I heard that if you're accepted, it will come in priority mail. Judging from last year, I think we'll probably get our letters around December 13th or 14th.
This discussion has been closed.