Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Character from lit/film/play/TV?

13»

Replies to: Character from lit/film/play/TV?

• TheDadTheDad Registered User, ! Posts: 10,225 Senior Member
    SA, what a coincidence...I received W&P as a Christmas present. We also got Amelie and a couple of other things to watch. And...internet assumptions strike again...I thought you were a student.
  • indiegal076indiegal076 Registered User Posts: 334 Junior Member
    I know!! If I were in a once-in-a lifetime position like that, I'm sorry but I would not answer my cell! You just don't leave a hot brazillian guy hanging ;) HAHAHAhaha
  • leftyleftistleftyleftist - Posts: 119 Junior Member
    No kidding... Then again, I'd still take Colin Firth's character over Karl. It was so adorable when he and the Portuguese woman are in the lake together fishing out his novel and they're talking in different languages...

"There better not be any eels in here. I can't stand eels."
    "Try not to disturb the eels."

Totally charming. I'm beginning to think I've seen this movie too many times...
    OMG I KNOW!! colin firth is like that perfect gentlemanly English man, the kind you read about in victorian novels. I know I'm a romantic. lol. Anyhow yea that scene was really but I love him in Bridget Jones with HUGH GRANT (big HUGH OBSESSION)...that movies is hilarious
  • searchingavalonsearchingavalon Registered User Posts: 509 Member
    We liked W&P a lot; I just wouldn't address any of the characters as "My hero." Yesterday was the Russian History Movie Festival at home, but after watching Catherine the Great and W&P we ran out of time and didn't get to see Dr. Zhivago. Amelie, by the way, is wonderful.

I *was* a Barnard student, but many decades ago.
  • jenz129jenz129 Registered User Posts: 685 Member
    AH! Bridget Jones! Mr. Darcy, Mr. Darcy.....
    Who wouldn't want to marry Mr. Darcy (Mark or Fitzwilliam)?
    i am doing the character from life is beautiful...roberto benini's character. is that a good choice?
  • leftyleftistleftyleftist - Posts: 119 Junior Member
    Ah, Roberto's character is great!

Hugh looked adorable dancing in Love Actually. I only wish that Tony Blair would have the courage to deliver the speech that Hugh does in that film!

searchingavalon- I agree with you about Amelie. I thought it was absolutely charming, and very quirky, which is always in good taste.

I just had a Macalester interview. I'm really hoping it went well...
  • catecate Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I consider myself- well, not completely stupid. I did Sam from Garden State, and was accepted ED. I don't think it matters who you do, as long as you present it well and not try too hard to impress the committee. I hope this helps!
  • stefairystefairy Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    rory gilmore! haha i'm sucha tv junkie.
  • silver_wavezsilver_wavez Registered User Posts: 2,722 Senior Member
    I said Annie from 'Annie' the musical.
13»
This discussion has been closed.