Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Bates Account

lala91lala91 Registered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
edited February 2009 in Bates College
Does Bates have an account thing to sign in and see if you're missing anything? I haven't gotten anything yet from them...
Post edited by lala91 on

Replies to: Bates Account

• BB012BB012 Registered User Posts: 253 Junior Member
    Neither did I. :(
  • talha_adnantalha_adnan Registered User Posts: 715 Member
    The snail mailed a letter to all applicants. It had a log in and password thing, You guys should call the admissions office and ask them about this!
  • abfablisaabfablisa Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    yea I got my letter three weeks after applying
  • lala91lala91 Registered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
    I just got mine today. Whew!! =)
  • z09z09 Registered User Posts: 137 Junior Member
    got mine today too. i guess it comes about 3+ weeks after you submit the application
  • chicazouzouchicazouzou Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    any international applicants have received such mail yet? It's been like 5 weeks since I submitted but haven't received my account info.
    I'm an international from Pakistan. I got the mail within two weeks. All my docs are complete, thank GOD!
  • thomaskrugmanthomaskrugman Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    My son did received a snail mail form bates with ID and password after 2 weeks but he don't know why he can not use the url address in the mail? We try to call and mail them but it didn't work out.

Can you guys do us a favour posting the url you use to access Bates account with the pin and password you received?

Thanks a lot
  • lennydlennyd Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    Is anyone here from Asia? I sent in my application in mid December and the adcom told me they received it, but yet I haven't gotten mail from them- I mean the one with ID and PIN. Do you think I should email them again or I should wait (I actually emailed them once or twice and they said I would be receiving a letter soon)? It's already Feb 22 :((
    I'm from Asia and I got their snail mail in Jan start.

The URL is http://www.bates.edu/application ... it works fine from my computer! You could try opening the page with a different internet explorer "Firefox" "Netscape" "Windows Internet Explorer". Maybe that will make a difference. =/
  • BB012BB012 Registered User Posts: 253 Junior Member
    @ lennyd
    I am from Asia too, and I never got the letter either. But few days ago I emailed Bates about the letter and requested them to provide my id and password via e-mail. They e-mailed me back, confirming that my application with them is complete. So, I guess you can ask that too.
  • lennydlennyd Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    @talha_adnan: Oh but I haven't received the ID and PIN, so I can't check my application yet :|
    @BB012: Thanks for your advice, I have just sent them another email. Hope my application is complete too.
    Best of luck to all of us ^
  • MimanchiMimanchi Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    Hi all,

I hope you have received your log-in ID and password by now.

According to an admission officer at Bates, international applicants can expect to receive their admission decision letter by April 10th. I think what they meant was the letter would arrive 2 weeks after the decision is out...
This discussion has been closed.