Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Getting more transfer scholarship money

stran14stran14 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited August 2014 in Baylor University
I'm an incoming college freshman who feels like he made the wrong choice for undergrad. In less than a month I will be entering the University of Oregon as a biochemistry major in the Clark Honors College. It doesn't sound bad, but I feel like I could do better.

I've looked into Baylor a lot these last few months and I regret my decision to attend UO and not apply to BU my senior year. In fact, I never considered Baylor or looked into it until after the applications were due, and now I really regret it. I've heard from a few people going there that it is an amazing school with a good community and great professors. As a student doing a pre-med track I feel like BU would be a much better fit for me than UO since it's very strong in biological sciences.

If I applied as a freshman, I know I would've had no problem getting in and getting $17-20K a year. However, now that I actually really want to go there, I can get $10K max for a transfer. Now, I can't afford it without taking out loans and I really don't think it's worth going into debt.

Is there any way at all to get more than $10K as a transfer applicant? I was hoping that admissions/financial aid would be more lenient since I would be hopefully coming in the 2nd semester of freshman year with strong high school stats and honors status at the University of Oregon. I am extremely interested in the school and would love to end up there but with just $10K financial aid there is no way I could end up going there as much as I want to. I'm flying down to visit in a few weeks and hopefully will talk to an admissions counselor.
760 CR - 720 Math - 690 Writing

Ranked 34/305 in my high school graduating class with multiple rigorous AP and Honors courses

3.89 cumulative GPA unweighted

National Merit commended scholar, National honor society, honor roll in high school
I will be contacting admissions too after Labor Day weekend is over but I was wondering if there's a chance they will consider transfer scholarships on a case by case basis. I really can't afford to go there on just $10K but at $15K-$17K/year I would definitely be able to attend.
This discussion has been closed.