Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Transfer Students

April1995April1995 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I am thinking about transferring to Baylor (it is one of my top choices) but I have a few questions 1) Where do most upperclassmen live? on campus, in the University off-campus housing, or in houses? 2) Being from the PNW will I fit into the southern lifestyle (I am a conservative Christian but also a little hipster) ? 3) I know that there is required chapel, will I be able to do that at a church of my choice or do I have to go through Baylor on campus chapel? 4) If I am not in a sorority will I feel left out? Thank for for the help!

Replies to: Transfer Students

• laxw136laxw136 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Most upperclassman live off campus with friends so either find a roommate online or go ahead and live on campus so you can make some friends (on campus a little restrictive so that is why people like to live off campus.) 2) I think hipsters have taken over the world so you should be okay. Go hang out at Common Grounds and you will find some. Definitely see a Penny & Sparrow concert when they come through and hipster Christian should be there. 3) Chapel is this period where you sit and they have various speakers come through so not a church service. 4) You'll be fine without a sorority (especially if you are a little hipster) but check out some other great service frats...blanking on the name, but there is a great coed one. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.