right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Invitation to Excellence Nov 2018 event

Replies to: Invitation to Excellence Nov 2018 event

• ArkwhalerArkwhaler 8 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8 New Member
    edited November 2018
    Not sure about the number, but seemed massive.
    edited November 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • teaforwendyteaforwendy 29 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 29 Junior Member
    I agree -- looked more like 500; we were so impressed, what a great event.
    · Reply · Share
  • 2019MomHP2019MomHP 32 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Definitely was a helpful event. My son wasn't sure after Premiere Day, but now really likes everything he learned. Talking to the students and professors really gave him much more insight into what Baylor offers.
    · Reply · Share
  • valarrievalarrie 27 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 27 Junior Member
    Today is the day we’re on pins and needles here...waiting for the email about I2E January. My DD’s 1st choice is Baylor and she’s received the highest automatic merit-based scholarship but it still puts Baylor as very expensive, especially when Tech and TAMU are offering more on top of being public. We’re praying to hear soon today about I2E. I know it’s still a long shot for the scholarships but at least she’ll keep moving forward in the process. Those that attended the November one, did your email invitations come early or late in the day?
    · Reply · Share
  • 2019MomHP2019MomHP 32 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    @valarrie ours came at 1pm Central time
    · Reply · Share
  • jdconner1976jdconner1976 19 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    Ours didn't come until 4pm Central - Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • jdconner1976jdconner1976 19 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    i2e notifications are out on the goBaylor accounts
    · Reply · Share
  • ratsnotmiceratsnotmice 33 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    Yea, we made it!
    · Reply · Share
  • sdjmomsdjmom 9 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Congrats to those that made it. Mine did not and we are very surprised. Can u share ur stats if u made it?
    · Reply · Share
  • BIZP2424BIZP2424 50 replies7 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    @sdjmom When did you guys apply? I applied for the November one at first on the day before the deadline and they just considered me for the January one. Maybe it was already full by the time you guys applied.
    · Reply · Share
  • ratsnotmiceratsnotmice 33 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    @sdjmom My son:
    Act 36
    4.0 unweighted
    1 of 101 class rank
    National Merit Semifinalist
    EC's: drum major, band, jazz band, NHS, NHES, quiz bowl captain.
    · Reply · Share
    My son:
    ACT 32
    3.92 unweighted
    Homeschooled/No class rank
    EC's: piano, speech/debate, NHS, co-op junior/senior class president
    · Reply · Share
    (he was accepted to the November i2e event that took place last weekend)
    · Reply · Share
    Not sure how they choose - his girlfriend with a 4.0 and 33ACT - was not accepted to either the November or January event?? Based on essays or lottery?
    · Reply · Share
  • goblue1972goblue1972 2 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    My DD applied to Baylor on 10/30, and was accepted on 11/14 with $18K/yr (Provost Gold) scholarship. She applied to January I2E, and was accepted on 11/15, which we look forward to attending. She will submit her application for Honors College in the next week or so.

Her stats:
    ACT 31
    3.93 (unweighted) - her school does not rank students
    9 AP + 10 honors classes
    ECs: 4x varsity athlete, 2x captain, all-state; NHS; academic tutor; significant community/church service
    · Reply · Share