right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Financial Aid Package for new student

SAMomofOneSAMomofOne 40 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
My son was accepted to begin in Fall 2019 and we just received his financial aid package. If you've received your financial aid package, is it what you expected? How did it compare with the net price calculator amount? The package he received was very disappointing. The Net Price Calculator told us we could expect to pay about $29,000. I pulled the common data set for the last 3 years and saw the amounts they typically pay for financial need and felt that we would pay anywhere from $29k to $32k. Instead, our price tag is about $43k.
Feeling very sad because I had done so much research and homework and felt that we could afford Baylor.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Financial Aid Package for new student

• egginmeganegginmegan 28 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    I spoke with a financial aid rep at Invitation to Excellence this weekend, and she said Baylor awards a certain percentage of need, partially determined based of academic performance
    · Reply · Share
  • SAMomofOneSAMomofOne 40 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    @egginmegan - thank you for that information. He did receive a merit scholarship - was just disappointed in the other financial aid or lack thereof.
    · Reply · Share
  • TheBeyonderTheBeyonder 106 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    I believe thats the net cost excluding academic scholarships no?
    · Reply · Share