right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Baylor Carr P Collins

dpBU23dpBU23 58 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
does anyone know when decisions go out on this scholarship? For full disclosure, I have a current BU student that is a Collins scholar but I don’t recall the timing on communications and hopeful for my next BU student. It’s been a good program!
27 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Baylor Carr P Collins

• valarrievalarrie 27 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 27 Junior Member
    I wonder the same thing @dpBU23 My DD is my firstborn going through this process so all new to us! Will be waiting anxiously for any word on the RG and Carr P Collins scholarships at BU. Hoping they send out notification either way around the same time.
    · Reply · Share
  • dpBU23dpBU23 58 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    hi again @valarrie After posting this, I found where Carr P notices went out in late March in 2017. On RG, I understand they typically have given out about 55 when it was automatic (not 100% confident in my data source) and I heard they are awarding between 35-45 this year which is quite a few more than the faculty scholarships so we have reason to be hopeful! Just a few more weeks to learn. Then we will start hoping time slows down as Sr year is almost over
    · Reply · Share
  • valarrievalarrie 27 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 27 Junior Member
    Thank you for the info @dpBU23 and yes...I am all for time slowing down :>
    · Reply · Share
  • tdawnstdawns 74 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    I was talking with financial aid today and was told the denials for this scholarship will be on their BearWeb messages today or tomorrow. If they are accepted to receive a scholarship, they will send a notice in the mail.
    · Reply · Share
    @tdawns thanks for the update. As much as my family loves BU and we have received incredible support from the financial aid department in particular, I have learned to add at least few days to date commitments such as this. I only say this because I would hate for someone to assume that if they don’t see a denial in bearweb by tomorrow that they are a lock for the scholarship which is extremely competitive (< 2% of Carr P applicants are awarded the scholarship). good luck to everyone! We are all-in to BU either way but the additional dollars make it more likely we can afford student #3 coming in a few years :)
    · Reply · Share
  • TxSkerTxSker 199 replies19 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 218 Junior Member
    edited March 18
    Deleted...wrong forum.... :)
    edited March 18
    · Reply · Share
  • laustrialaustria 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Has anyone received a letter in the mail/update message from BearWeb?
    · Reply · Share
    nothing yet
    · Reply · Share
  • Mass#4Mass#4 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I spoke with Financial Aid today and they said that notifications should be mailed out today or tomorrow for those receiving the scholarship, and emails for those who did not...
    · Reply · Share
  • rjsharp7rjsharp7 14 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 14 New Member
    That’s weird because I called on Monday and they said notifcations of denial or award were sent by mail on Monday
    · Reply · Share
    When I called before Spring Break, I was told notifications would go out on the 15th. Today, whomever I spoke with said that she was just told that it would be today or tomorrow... my son has been running to check the mail everyday since the 16th and I swallow a lump every time I look at the inbox... this waiting is hard!!!
    · Reply · Share
    When my oldest got Carr P 2 years ago, the notice came in the mail on 23 or 24-March so it should be soon either way. Fingers crossed for BU student #2!! I think someone got bad intel that said BearWeb would be updated with “no” decisions as (could be wrong) I only think they update BearWeb when it’s a “yes” and they update your financial aid.
    · Reply · Share
  • tdawnstdawns 74 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    Where in BearWeb should we be looking? I’m assuming under financial aid but not sure where after that.
    · Reply · Share
    We received a denial in our regular email account and Baylor email when he didn’t get the I2E scholarship. So far, BearWeb only shows what we’ve received. The person I spoke with in Financial Aid said they would send emails of denials - nothing about BearWeb... so I’m assuming a denial will be sent to whatever email they have on file as well as their Baylor email account (in GoBaylor).
    · Reply · Share
    agree @Mass#4 I was correcting an earlier statement that rejections may show up in BearWeb which is not my experience.

@tdawns to see awards, go to BearWeb, student financial services, financial aid, award information. from there, you will find a few useful links. anything already awarded - including initial merit scholarships - show up under award messages
    · Reply · Share