I applied to Baylor's Honor's College and BIC programs yesterday, so I have a couple questions hopefully some people will be able to answer!
- I know there is no established deadline for applying to HC/BIC, but will it be less likely I get in since I applied so late? (My stats are: GPA 4.479/5.0 weighted, SAT 1440 w/ 730 R / 710 M, pre-med track w/ major in Bio, received 84k scholarship to attend Baylor)
- Do you recommend housing in the HC? Which hall / village is most popular or liked by students?
- Does getting into the HC/BIC program provide additional scholarships to students merely based off their acceptance into the programs?
- How long does it take to hear back from admissions into HC/BIC? Online it said on a weekly/monthly basis, but I'm not sure if I should expect to hear back sooner this late in the game.
- Are the HC/BIC programs overly demanding, or do students still have enough time to do ECs? I was hoping to rush, join Army ROTC, and potentially club/intramural basketball or track if possible.
I know these are a lot of questions, but basically I had no idea Baylor's HC/BIC program was still able to accept students this late in the game, so I never bothered to check if I could still apply, as I assumed the deadline had long passed. My admissions counselor was the one who informed me I could still apply. I'm from CT so I only visited Baylor once and did not ask any of these questions because I did not think I was able to apply to the HC/BIC programs at the time, again assuming the deadline had passed. If anyone has any helpful information / personal experience / insight, that would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you (: