Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Decided to attend

2»

Replies to: Decided to attend

• IslandmomIslandmom Registered User Posts: 284 Junior Member
    Thank you, dolce for the glowing review of Baylor. My daughter has been accepted and is seriously considering attending. It's very nice for me, the mom, to hear good reviews. She has been accepted to UTAustin also and has two other applications pending. I'm thinking of sending in the rather large housing deposit to Baylor soon. They tell me that it's refundable.

Baylor has been very generous with merit offers. We're still waiting to hear about her National Merit status. If she makes finalist then financing her college education would be easy indeed at Baylor. Maybe she'll meet your son. He sounds like her type of friend.

I found a website that rates college professors and Baylor's professors are all in there with comments from their students. Maybe your son could take a look at it. I take what I find with a grain of salt, but the information is very interesting.
    I think the site is Ratemyprofessors ( uh, .com???)
  • ThePinkMoonlightThePinkMoonlight Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I was admitted to Baylor as well. For anyone wondering about their chances who is just not posting, my SAT was 1240 and my GPA was 3.57 weighted. I dont know what it is unweighted. My schedule was always PRETTY rigorous, but I only took two ap classes total. Finally, I had TONS of extracirriculars and a great essay. Hope that helps for people wondering about that!!!

I am debating between Baylor (offering me 3,500 per year), Wheaton College in IL (Harvard of Christian schools basically...which i haven't even been accepted to yet and maybe wont be), University of Oklahoma (I love Oklahoma), and Messiah College in PA (5,000 per year in scholarship). Any suggestoins? I'm from Connecticut btw.

I found out about my acceptance within like a month. It didn't take long at all. :)

Baylor really seems like a nice mix between University of Oklahoma, Messiah, and Wheaton. It has positive qualities of all three, so i think thats why i may pick baylor.
  • macantu17macantu17 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    wow baylor does offer pretty good scholarship money based on merit alone. i got a 1330 on SAT and theyre offering $36,000 for 8 semesters. this is making my decision pretty tough!
  • astro101astro101 Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    Dolce...Mustang Island and Colorado? I think I know who you're talking about. I live on the same floor as him...what a small internet world...
  • dallasasiandallasasian Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    Would anyone recommend one specific female dorm over another? Or is it all pretty much the same.
  • AF337AF337 Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
    Depends which personality you are. If you are more of the social type, or a person that wants to be with the "cool girls" I would reccomend Collins. Collins is where more of the "hott and preppy" girls live (I realize that is just a stereotype, but living inWaco for 16 years, I actually have found it to be quite true). North Russell and South Russell are more low key. Also, Collins is all freshmen, while Russell has upper-classmen too (I believe).
  • collegebound09collegebound09 Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    Memorial is nice, but it is only for honors students, it seems quiet and intellectual from when I visited. Kokernot is another freshman girls dorm, it didnt make a big impact on me when I visitee because all the students are pretty low key!
  • dallasasiandallasasian Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    I read in a magazine that that the worst dorm to stay in was Kokernot. I'm nto sure what was the criteria for this but... I'll try to find the link. I am thinking about staying in Russell. Has anyone heard about this dorm?
    I guess my info wasn't useful.
  • Gordo409Gordo409 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm planning on going to Baylor too. I've already been accepted, and I love the campus. It's so beautiful. Any recommendations on which dorm I should stay in?
    Are you male or female? If male, I'd go for Penland. Female, Collins.
  • Gordo409Gordo409 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Male - Penland huh. Why do you recommend there?
  • 15361536 Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    Baylor sciences are very good and also very difficult! Baylor is one of those schools where it is easy to get in , but you work very hard once you are there, especially the sciences!! Very little diversity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Midwestern is getting very bored in Waco!!
  • astro101astro101 Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    Actually, recently, there's been a growing number in terms of diversity. Even if we're comparing with the lack of diversity in the past, this year's class is the most diversed in its history (if not one of).
2»
This discussion has been closed.