right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Lily Wuerth will be live on our Instagram page today at 3pm ET to talk about how she used extracurriculars to get into Georgia Tech. ASK HER ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

What are my chances?

takis1921takis1921 8 replies3 threads New Member
Hi guys! I know that my decision will come out soon, I really don't want to get my hopes up. I applied RD, with a political science major
Here are my stats

GPA: 4.43
ACT: 26 (super embarrassing, I'm not the best test taker)
EC's:
-Volunteering at a local non profit
-an associate producer on a morning show,
-a graphics designer at the same station of the morning show is on,
- Co founded, designed and marketed a pop up business (escape rooms)
- Part time caretaker and ABA trained for my brother with severe autism
- Did after school art curriculum and teaching for disadvantaged kids for 2 years
- Helped Organize free photo Xmas photo sessions for underprivileged families 3 years in a row
- Did perform and Tech in musical theatre, Freshman, Sophomore and Junior Year
- NHS junior and senior year
- Basketball freshman year
- Went to state in culinary in sophomore year (skills usa)

Some more about me:

Hispanic and middle eastern
Dad is an immigrant
coming from a less populated state on the west coast

In october, I left regular public school for medical reasons, and wrote my essay about this.
I had to drop all of my aps, (still stayed in honors), but I still have an incomplete for last semester, and on my midyear transcript Almost done though! Straight A's so far!

Baylor has been one of my top schools for a while now, and I really want to attend.

Please give me your feedback! Thank you! ;)
0 replies
· Reply · Share