right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Lily Wuerth will be live on our Instagram page today at 3pm ET to talk about how she used extracurriculars to get into Georgia Tech. ASK HER ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Baylor University NMF

Chrane03Chrane03 19 replies12 threads Junior Member
I'm a junior in high school and am most likely going to be a National Merit Finalist. Is the Baylor University scholarship that covers tuition guaranteed for NMFs?
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Baylor University NMF

• 2020lastone2020lastone 4 replies0 threads New Member
    I'm sure it changes year to year, but Baylor has typically given NMF's full tuition scholarships.
    · Reply · Share
  • junebug20junebug20 186 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Chrane03 wrote: »
    I'm a junior in high school and am most likely going to be a National Merit Finalist. Is the Baylor University scholarship that covers tuition guaranteed for NMFs?

My son's admission officer confirmed earlier this year that they've done away with the full-tuition scholarship for NMF. However, they've expanded the need-based aid wider. If you're looing for a full-tuition to full-ride scholarship, consider applying for the Invitation to Excellence or Getterman Scholarship.
    · Reply · Share
  • Chrane03Chrane03 19 replies12 threads Junior Member
    Do you know what is considered in determining who receives the scholarships from Invitation to Excellence? I emailed the financial aid office and they sent me a link to a page that no longer exists.
    · Reply · Share
  • fp2028fp2028 16 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @Chrane03 I2E is an event that you attend that showcases all the cool things at Baylor. You participate in a group activity. You then write and essay about it and send it in. It is very selective but National Merit students have typically gotten aid (I had a family member who went to Baylor years ago and they got a full ride for NMF). Regardless you will get good scholarship aid with high scores, a good resume, and good writing skills.
    · Reply · Share
  • goldmidnight7goldmidnight7 105 replies17 threads Junior Member
    Hey, is Invitation to Excellence only for prospective students, or are current undergrads eligible?
    · Reply · Share
  • Chrane03Chrane03 19 replies12 threads Junior Member
    @goldmidnight7
    I believe it is only for prospective students. You also must be invited in order to attend. Hence "invitation" to excellence. I believe the invitation cutoff is 33 ACT and 1420 SAT.

I have emailed their financial aid department multiple times and they seem very nice, you might want to shoot them an email to see if you might be able to attend as an undergrad.
    · Reply · Share