Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Academic Rigor of Baylor

Rtgrove123Rtgrove123 Registered User Posts: 1,798 Senior Member
edited January 2009 in Baylor University
Hey guys!

I am a current junior in high school who is interested in baylor. My goal is to eventually go on to medical school with a major in bio (even though its a little early to make those decisions). So, I was wandering how hard the baylor science and math classes are. I mean are they gonna be harder than at a state school like University of Nebraska, Lincoln. For me, I want to take classes that are going to make me study, but not get tons of Bs because of the overwhelming rigor of my classes, so is baylor a good fit?

Best regards,
Robbie
Post edited by Rtgrove123 on

Replies to: Academic Rigor of Baylor

• BookAddictBookAddict Registered User Posts: 669 Member
    I honestly don't know if they're going to be harder than a state school, as I don't really have anything else to compare Baylor to. However, I have found my mid to upper level math and science courses (of which I've taken more of the former, being a math minor) to be quite challenging, but not overwhelmingly so. I was a straight A student in high school, and got 5s on the Physics and Calculus tests my junior year. At Baylor, I've gotten B+'s and A's on my math and science courses, and have had to work harder than I did in high school (which honestly wasn't very hard) to get them. I say all that not to brag, but to show that I think Baylor is academically rigorous without being overwhelmingly so.
  • ffhreaffhrea Registered User Posts: 253 Junior Member
    The average SAT at University of Nebraska Lincoln is only 30 points lower than the average SAT at Baylor.
This discussion has been closed.