Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Bentley Merit Scholarship Calculations?

13»

Replies to: Bentley Merit Scholarship Calculations?

• suzyQ7suzyQ7 Registered User Posts: 3,290 Senior Member
    Right, I see that too. I guess it saves them money, because when tuition goes up, the scholarship no longer goes up.
  • NE_Pats12NE_Pats12 Registered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    Just opened my portal and saw that I was accepted with the Provost Scholarship. I tried looking on Bentley's website but couldn't find any information about it. What is the scholarship for and is it something everyone gets?
  • jcd716jcd716 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    @NE_Pats12
    It is a merit based scholarship based on many factors such as gpa and SAT/ACT scores and not everyone gets it. I don’t think there are set guidelines at least I haven’t seen any. From what I’ve read they have the Provost at $15k, Founders at $25k, Presidential at $30k and full tuition with the Trustees Scholarship.
  • emptypocketsemptypockets Registered User Posts: 26 Junior Member
    My S was accepted. He got 5k merit. It is called the Deans scholarship. 5k against high 60k total cost does not move the needle much.
  • lenvo65lenvo65 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    My D was accepted - honors program and Presidential scholarship at a set $30/ year, capped at $120 total
    @lenvo65 congrats to your D! Could you provide her stats? It would be helpful in determining what the benchmarks are for merit
  • lenvo65lenvo65 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member

Weighted GPA: 4.39 (School does not show unweighted or rank)
    SAT: 710 English,760 Math
    3 SAT subject tests - 670 to 770 on those
    Took a very demanding course load - 8 APs, 2 college level course
    2 Sport Varsity Athlete (but not pursing college varsity), Many other EC's with leadership Roles, state awards for Vocal performance

Does anyone know how or when Bentley announces Women's Leadership Program admission?
  • misskiesha420misskiesha420 Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    @lenvo65 it is a separate letter that can be found under your admissions decision. They have let everyone in the program know if they received it I'm pretty sure
    edited March 23
    Someone just posted about the "Dean's" scholarship. $5K. So it looks like they replaced their old 1/3 tuition, 1/2, tuition, 3/4 tuition and full tuition scholarships with whole dollar scholarships:

Dean's at 5K,
    Provost at $15k,
    Founders at $25k,
    Presidential at $30k (3.25 GPA to keep it)
    Trustee at Full Tuition

Then there is the Women's Leadership award for 10K a year, which according to some posters who won this, does stack with the above whole dollar scholarships.

The website has no information on these scholarships

If anyone has the GPAs required to keep these scholarships, we could have that all here for future applicants. I only saw the GPA for presidential.
  • jcd716jcd716 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    edited March 25
    @suzyQ7 My son was awarded the Provost Scholarship and it requires a 3.0 gpa
  • clgagekidsclgagekids Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    My son has a 4.2 GPA; 1440 SAT; 5 AP classes plus college; sports,clubs, etc...and got the Provost
  • philippiansphilippians Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Has anyone appealed their financial aid and if so did they give more?
  • deebmcdeebmc Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    we had what I would consider a strong case for appeal (competing full ride offer) plus siblings in college and just got our very nice "no we are not increasing your offer"
  • introvert999introvert999 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    nope ive lived in massachusetts all my life. there are other things on applications they look at besides sat scores
13»