Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Women's Leadership Program?

hippygoluckyhippygolucky Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
In past years, how selective has the Bentley Women's Leadership Program been? I just applied for the class of 2023 and I've heard by word of mouth that it's pretty selective, but I haven't been able to corroborate that with any information I've found online.

Replies to: Women's Leadership Program?

• StuffedquahogStuffedquahog Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    @hippygolucky The class of 2023 will be the 3rd year with this program. The first year they enrolled 40. Last year we heard they enrolled 70. My daughter & I attended the Womens Leadership luncheon this past October and they did not hint to how many they will take this year. It's kind of hard to have a number because they send out acceptances to the program in March but not everyone who gets into the program actually decides to attend Bentley.
  • bentley2023bentley2023 Registered User Posts: 28 Junior Member
    @Stuffedquahog I had no idea the program was that selective!
  • StuffedquahogStuffedquahog Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    @bentley2023 It has to be selective due to the scholarship attached to it. If you are selected into the program it comes with a $10,000 a year scholarship (I believe they partner with Liberty Mutual in order to offer this). Aside from the scholarship component, this program is stellar! Four years of workshops, seminars, guest speakers, trips to Boston area corporate headquarters to speak with women in business, etc. Anyone fortunate enough to get chosen for this program will benefit immensely. However, keep in mind if you do not get into this particular program there are also several program/clubs at the Center of Women & Business that are open to all interested.
  • hippygoluckyhippygolucky Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh wow! Thanks guys for your input. :)
  • MKR2365MKR2365 Registered User Posts: 18 Junior Member
    My friend works in admissions and told me that there were over 500 applicants this year.
  • bentley2023bentley2023 Registered User Posts: 28 Junior Member
    Wow! that makes me nervous ...
  • suzyQ7suzyQ7 Registered User Posts: 3,730 Senior Member
    @MKR2365 that's interesting!

Does your friend know what the fall 2018 admit rate was to Bentley (in general)? Bentley does not publish their common data set on their site and I have yet to see what the admission stats were for your class (fall 2018).