right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Chance Me

jc2020jc2020 14 replies3 threads Junior Member
Desired school: Boston College, Morrissey College of Arts and Science
Background: White male from a competitive Catholic school
Major: Undecided
Applying: Early Decision I
Legacy: Father attended BC Law, donates every year.
GPA: 3.45 unweighted (School has grade deflation, upward trend since freshman year, junior year I had a 3.65, top 20% of my class)
SAT: 1420
AP Classes: 4 (Calculus AB, Biology, Statistics, Language and Composition)
Honors & Awards: High Honors (9, 10), President's List (11, 12), Secretary of State's Civic Leadership Award, National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta Mathematical Honor Society
ECs: Mentor kids with special needs in math and life skills, summer internship at a local pediatric cancer organization (2 summers), president of school's philanthropy club, co-president of school's Spanish club, math peer-tutoring.
Common App Essay: 8/10
Supplemental: 8/10, wrote about how BC will help me work towards the common good, classes/professors I would take in this journey and how they would benefit me in my service work.
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance Me

• jc2020jc2020 14 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Bump
    · Reply · Share
  • xyz123axyz123a 37 replies1 threads Junior Member
    As this is the first year for ED at BC, it is impossible to tell how it will shake out. Legacy should provide a small boost in the ED round. My D20, who is a legacy as well, also applied ED to BC. We have no idea what to expect, but are hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. She applied EA to 3 other schools, and will prepare another 4-5 apps for the RD round. Good luck!!
    · Reply · Share
  • jc2020jc2020 14 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Thank you! Good luck to your daughter as well!
    · Reply · Share
  • mark89uncmark89unc 42 replies1 threads Junior Member
    MY D a BC sophomore. Her scores were a little higher, if you can get your SAT up, I think it may help. Legacy obviously helps. Not sure how ED will work for you, but I hope for the best and good luck to you. Exciting time. Remember you will go where it is meant to be............
    · Reply · Share