Hey guys! I wanted to start a thread for everyone applying for the Fall 2016 semester as a transfer. This way, we can support each other and help each other out! Here is a little bit about me, or my "stats" as they say:
I am a Sophmore at a community college and I will graduate in May with my Associates in Liberal Arts.
- GPA: 4.0
- Member of my school's Honors Program
- Member of Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society
- Participated in an Honors Independent Study Language & Politics Course
- Organized a charity drive where over $2,000 and over 4,600 personal hygiene items were collected and donated to local women's and abuse shelters
- Member of my school's New Student Orientation Team. I volunteered to help organize orientation for new students, gave tours of campus, and was part of a student panel where we answered questions
- Intern for my local county's Democrats office
- Member of WolfPAC, a political organization who works to get private money out of public elections and stop corruption in politics. I successfully convinced my congresswoman to co-sponsor and vote for a bill to help this cause.
- Organized a Rock The Vote voter registration drive at my school that will take place this Spring
- Student coach for two local youth ice hockey associations
- Participated in student exchange program to France
- Customer Service Rep for Barney & Dickenson Inc. (A construction materials company)
This is all I can think of right now. I'm currently working on crafting my application and hope to finish it and send it in at the end of next week. You can chance me if you like. I love BU and I'm nervous about my chances.