Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

*BOSTON UNIVERSITY RD CLASS OF 2020 THREAD*

Replies to: *BOSTON UNIVERSITY RD CLASS OF 2020 THREAD*

• pallavijanianipallavijaniani Registered User Posts: 290 Junior Member
    They came on 21st of march last year @suzyQ7
  • fishgillfishgill Registered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    @pallavijaniani I also applied to Drexel, WPI, Stony Brook and Bing (in state), Hopkins, Columbia, and UCONN. There are a few others but they are no longer contenders for me :) Columbia will be my last decision.
  • ub1997ub1997 Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
    Any CS majors here?
    Does anyone have an idea about how many days before the release date in the last few years, did BU announce that they would be releasing RD on that date?
  • CAS 2020CAS 2020 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    @ub1997 me I got in through EDII what do you think of it's BU and it's CS department. Easy to get in? or Is it decently hard`
  • c777123c777123 Registered User Posts: 186 Junior Member
    @pallavijaniani I read in last year's RD thread that people started getting acceptances around the 23rd
    @c777123 I'm aware of that. I'm asking did BU announce 23rd in advance or was it without an announcement
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 14,029 Senior Member
    No prior announcement.
  • laurrodeslaurrodes Registered User Posts: 334 Member
    Hi everyone! Admissions decisions will be coming out soon and I am a current freshman at BU so if anyone has any questions at all about student life or academics feel free to ask!
  • suzyQ7suzyQ7 Registered User Posts: 3,614 Senior Member
    @laurrodes How soon? Any inside info? ;)
  • laurrodeslaurrodes Registered User Posts: 334 Member
    @suzyQ7 unfortunately no hahah but I applied RD and heard back on Saturday, March 21 if that helps anything
  • Ngzk07Ngzk07 Registered User Posts: 338 Member
    Applied to CAS, Biology w/ specialization in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology & Genetics
  • jackisawesomejackisawesome Registered User Posts: 845 Member
    edited February 2016
    Applied (ED,EA,RD): RD CAS

Objective:
    SAT I (breakdown): 2170
    SAT II: EB: 690
    Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.88
    Weighted GPA: 4.3
    AP (place score in parenthesis): US (3), Bio (3), Lang (5)
    Senior Year Course Load: AP Enviro, AP Macro, AP Eng Lit, AP Gov, AP Calc AB, Spanish III Honors, Math Honors Society,

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Nat Alliance on mental Illness Club (secretary for 2 years), Green Club (secretary for one year), Cross Country (4 years JV), Track and Field (2 years JV distance), Poetry Blog (creator 3 years)
    Volunteer/Community service: NAMI organization, Habitat for Humanity, etc.
    Summer Activities: Psychology class at UCSD
    Essays (rating 1-10, details): I wrote about overcoming an eating disorder and my realization that I possessed self-worth while giving a speech to 300 people on eating disorders
    Recommendations (rating 1-10, details): Really Good! All really genuine and I love all the teachers/recommenders
    Teacher Rec #1: My AP Lang teacher (a ton of sympathy, but compassion and bonding over literature)
    Teacher Rec #2: My English II Honors teacher (LOVE HER)
    Counselor Rec: Never read it
    Additional Rec: my psych professor at UCSD for the 3 week class

*never read any recommendations, but I know the teachers' work well enough to speak on their behalf*

Other

Applied for Financial Aid?: no
    Intended Major: I think psychobiology
    State (if domestic applicant): CA
    School Type: Public
    Ethnicity: white
    Income Bracket: 200k+
    Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): Gay (? idek)

Reflection

Strengths: recommendations, essay, and probably
    Weaknesses: community service, maybe grades (grades and SAT are kinda average so not good nor bad)
    Where else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: Accepted UMichigan (RD), Accepted UMinnesota (16k scholarship), Accepted OhioState, Rejected UNC (EA)
  • ub1997ub1997 Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
    @CAS 2020 how hard it is to get into depends on your stats. Although, BU is well reputed for CS, so it is by no means easy to get into for anyone. However, it isn't in league with colleges like Berkeley or GTech so it's not too hard either
  • AmrfootballAmrfootball Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    Does anyone know when we hear back on scholarship decisions? For people who applied for Trustees, do we get notified via the portal with our admissions decisions or at a different time?
This discussion has been closed.