right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

How is BU for pre meds?

2»

Replies to: How is BU for pre meds?

• TN034154TN034154 105 replies64 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 169 Junior Member
    would preping for these courses help? My mom has a masters in bio and chem and she can teach me the basic stuff before college and tutor me while i am in college
    · Reply · Share
  • AwesomeAxolotlAwesomeAxolotl 90 replies13 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
    Sure it could help, but unless that tutoring helps land you in the top 10% of the class average, you won't be getting an A. Note that I am NOT trying to discourage you, I am just trying to be realistic. That is the way the curve works normally.
    · Reply · Share
  • sunflowerloversunflowerlover 222 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 228 Junior Member
    @AwesomeAxolotl Hi! I'm not trying to say this rudely or anything, I'm genuinely just curious, what are your sources for this info?
    · Reply · Share
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 41135 replies445 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 41,580 Senior Member
    edited November 2017
    ^Actually, pretty much all courses that are deliberately weedout will have a roughly 10% quota of A's (could be 5% A, 10% A- but you get the idea). Then about 20% at the B/B+ level. So, 70% will be below recuperable for a med school worthy grade. Keep in mind that ALL students in the class were A students in high school.
    edited November 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • AwesomeAxolotlAwesomeAxolotl 90 replies13 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
    My source is my professors being more than willing to explain this at the beginning of the semester
    · Reply · Share
  • sunflowerloversunflowerlover 222 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 228 Junior Member
    @AwesomeAxolotl are you a premed student?
    · Reply · Share
    No, but many of my required intro courses are premed. I need two semesters of gen chem, two of gen bio, and two of physics which are all pre med courses. The majority of my classmates in these are premed. So although I am not on that track specifically, I have experience in these classes.
    · Reply · Share
    @AwesomeAxolotl Gotcha. thank you!! And I'm very sorry you're experiencing that.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity