right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Boston University Transfers Fall 2018

Replies to: Boston University Transfers Fall 2018

• pink418pink418 67 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Last day before tomorrow’s deadline. Good luck everyone and make sure to post about any admission results and financial aid news (if you’re comfortable sharing.) Let the stress of waiting begin!
    · Reply · Share
  • t0pnotcht0pnotch 73 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Decisions normally come out around mid April right?
    · Reply · Share
    @t0pnotch it looks like they come out beginning of April from last years thread
    · Reply · Share
  • statecollegekidstatecollegekid 28 replies13 threads Junior Member
    edited March 2018
    Current school: Oberlin College (top 25 lac)
    gpa 3.3
    hs gpa: 3.9

sat
    cr 690
    m 670
    writing 600
    ap bio 4

accepted as a freshman
    applying to comm for film

lots of film ECs
    a magazine wrote a piece about one of my films
    I worked for PSU LIfe sciences graduate school as a promotional consultant/videographer
    lots of leadership stuff: club volleyball captain and member on several other teams,
    also i have been working for oberlin communications for over a year

really good recs
    I read one of them and it was very strong

Ive taken a lot of premed classes which is why my gpa is so low. Ive also taken several 300s and am currently doing a private reading. I have a 3.5 in the cinema studies major

my essays are also really strong I had my aunt who graduated from yale for english read them over and help edit.

let me know what you guys think
    edited March 2018
    · Reply · Share
    Does anyone’s portal say they’re missing documents still? I sent in my transcripts a month ago and it still says they’re missing. I’m hoping that they’re just backed up on processing everything
    · Reply · Share
  • lpapadakislpapadakis 21 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Just curious, what’d you guys write for why BU?

"Defy the odds." Ask anyone who has rowed in Boston and they will tell you those are the words which mark the start of the grueling 3 mile course that pushes rowers and coxswains beyond their limits each fall. And yet, it is not just athletes who live by this motto, but a university which extends from the core of Boston itself. The place which was so long ago destined the "city upon the hill" has raised a school which lives for challenge, for defiance of odds, and to not only educate, but develop its students into individuals capable of holding their own in the world. This is the place that I've grown up calling BU.

When people ask me where I grew up, I tell them I'm from Boston even though my New Hampshire driver's license begs to differ. However, for the first ten years of my life, Boston, more specifically Mass General's pediatric ward, became my home. Thus, to me, the words "defy the odds" not only conjures an image of bright red spray paint, but the times I found myself surrounded by the fish murals of Ellison 17. It was there I vowed that, when I was older, I would give others the same chance I received so many years ago. And what better place to continue to defy the odds and challenge limits than a university that lives for unparalleled opportunity and academic excellence at the heart of the city which taught me to thrive.
    · Reply · Share
  • TheBrady6TheBrady6 49 replies6 threads Junior Member
    @pink418 They usually take a while to update the portal, you should call the office of undergrad admissions just to confirm that it was received.
    · Reply · Share
  • r3j3ct3d1r3j3ct3d1 124 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I have yet to get an email containing my portal information. Also, on my email not associated with common app or collegeboard I got an email from BU saying thanks for sending scores, but I never sent any SAT scores.
    · Reply · Share
  • TransferFall2018TransferFall2018 143 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Rhett the Terrier facebook page posted in the group on Facebook that admission decisions will start rolling out mid April. UMass Amherst said I wouldn't hear back until early April, and I got in on Tuesday night. Hopefully we start hearing back earlier.
    · Reply · Share
  • MsRazzleDazzleMsRazzleDazzle 82 replies7 threads Junior Member
    @TransferFall2018 When did you submit to UMass Amherst/when was their deadline?
    · Reply · Share
  • TransferFall2018TransferFall2018 143 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @MsRazzleDazzle I applied on 12/22, same day as when I applied for BU. Their deadline is on April 15th
    · Reply · Share
  • koreanincalikoreanincali 128 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @TransferFall2018 @MsRazzleDazzle I know last fall, they started sending out decisions (mostly acceptances) early April, I think people started hearing back around April 3rd/4th ish?
    · Reply · Share
  • MsRazzleDazzleMsRazzleDazzle 82 replies7 threads Junior Member
    @koreanincali That sounds about right, I'd say. Does anyone know what their response deadline is (when we have to say whether we will enroll or not)?
    · Reply · Share
  • JoeDangitJoeDangit 49 replies2 threads Junior Member
    @lpapadakis You write eloquently, but I felt you might have made the same mistake as me (the first time around, at least). You wrote a love letter to the city of Boston, but I don't really feel as if you wrote a love letter to Boston University, you know?
    · Reply · Share
  • BostonLover856BostonLover856 26 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Does anyone know the odds of getting in as a community college student. I mean BU states they look for students who have taken the most rigorous coursework and I have taken the highest level courses available to me.
    · Reply · Share
  • koreanincalikoreanincali 128 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @BostonLover856 if you look at previous threads of transfers (like fall of 2017 transfer thread), a good number of them were cc students and some got in :) looking at previous threads will help you a lot in terms of seeing the range of students who get in/who don't! i'm also a cc student so we're on the same boat. :D
    · Reply · Share
  • CCollegeeCCollegee 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Anyone here received an email from BU asking you to submit syllabi of completed courses and courses you're taking currently?
    · Reply · Share
  • JoeDangitJoeDangit 49 replies2 threads Junior Member
    @CCollegee You get that e-mail when you first submit your common app! It's pretty unusual, because Boston University is the only school that I know of currently that asks for syllabi BEFORE you get accepted... you'd think it'd be the other way around...
    · Reply · Share
  • weekndsweeknds 9 replies0 threads New Member
    edited March 2018
    @CCollegee Yep! Just submitted all of mine
    edited March 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • CCollegeeCCollegee 2 replies0 threads New Member
    @weeknds @JoeDangit Do you guys think that this could be a hint of some sort? I have friends who applied for fall 2018 but haven't received this email.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity