Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Boston University-Class of 2023.

Replies to: Boston University-Class of 2023.

• dinwood22dinwood22 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    hey im applying to CGS ED too! what are your stats?
  • dinwood22dinwood22 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    hey!! im Daniel and im from northern nj too. Im going to ED to CGS and I love BU, but if I get in I have to go and idk if I can pay for it.
  • lilpeepflgirllilpeepflgirl Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    hey everyone!! I'm from South West Florida and I'm applying ED to the COE curious to here about everyone's stats and admission ventures.
  • strivetothrivestrivetothrive Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    @lilpeepflgirl hey im applying ed to COE too!! I heard its really competitive but I would die to get it!
  • saumyagoyalsaumyagoyal Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    hey ppl.
    How s the common app going ??
    Anyone planning to apply to Kilachand??
    Has anyone submitted their application for early decision already??
    Anyone applying ED???
  • puppylady560puppylady560 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 8
    Hi everyone!! I’m currently a senior and plan on applying ED to BU this year :) good luck to everyone else applying! We got this.
  • 190170190170 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    i submitted my ed application to cas last week! i also applied to kilachand.
  • puppylady560puppylady560 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Nice!! Do you mind sharing your stats?
  • citygirl0719citygirl0719 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    hey guys!!! i just submitted my ed application on tuesday!!
  • lau2555lau2555 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    hey! I'm from the Boston area and applied early-decision this week. BU is my dream school so I'm really hoping I get in. Good-luck to everyone
    Im gonna submit my application this week, just waiting on a few reports from school .
    But this waiting period after applying is going to be agonising I feel . Like time till mid December wont just pass by as quick as time has been right now I feel .
  • Apollo16BApollo16B Registered User Posts: 26 Junior Member
    I agree. I'm trying to combat that feeling by completing all of my applications as soon as I can. I might have to take up a new hobby or sport after that to help pass the time. Or maybe I should focus on my senior year classes.. either way. Good luck to all
  • Terrier4111Terrier4111 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    i just sent in my application last night and Im really nervous about what is going to happen now.
  • Swimming123Swimming123 Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    edited November 5
    The bottom line is ED gives you your best chance for admittance. If you have very high grades and think you will be admitted, you can go EA, but remember stats for admitted freshmen last year was 22% with an average SAT of 1468 and a 32 ACT. They have a lower acceptance rate than most schools in the area including BC and Northeastern. Just understand that BU is just getting more and more competetive. If you check CGS, you have a greater chance of being accepted but the program is completely rigid during the first two years. You have to take classes like American History and the like. Some kids are miserable in CGS because they say it’s like high school, some are not unhappy. Just make sure you understand what CGS entails. If all you want to do is go to BU, it’s an option if your grades are on the bubble. Also, the CGS program has been cut down significantly from prior years. Good luck.