right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Boston University class of 2024 RD

ej061402ej061402 4 replies7 threads New Member
edited March 23 in Boston University
just wanted to see if anyone has already posted a similar thread. I saw ED1 and ED2, would anyone know when the RD results usually come out?
edited March 23
454 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Boston University class of 2024 RD

• TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 15896 replies1062 threads Senior Member
    Mid-March.
    · Reply · Share
  • ej061402ej061402 4 replies7 threads New Member
  • AthDiaAthDia 37 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Good to know. Does anybody know if there are a lot of deferrals from ED/EA to RD this year, and how this influences final acceptance rate. Does the school expect to receive similar number of applications like last year?
    · Reply · Share
  • k_atherine.hk_atherine.h 103 replies4 threads Junior Member
    I got into Northeastern with a 16k merit scholarship. I also applied to BU ED. I might not be attending NU because of the price, but if I were to also get into BU, could I get more merit money from them
    · Reply · Share
    @k_atherine.h BU does not match merit offers from other schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • AthDiaAthDia 37 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Not a lot of traffic, I guess the deadline is still far. Would anybody recommend anything else at this point - visit, contact school - anything that can potentially work?
    · Reply · Share
  • dilldaisydilldaisy 45 replies2 threads Junior Member
    bookmarked!
    · Reply · Share
  • hellokittygirl1hellokittygirl1 7 replies0 threads New Member
    Good luck everyone!! I applied for the Trustees scholarship, does anyone know if those decisions will come out earlier?
    · Reply · Share
  • maglor1maglor1 178 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I applied Trustee as well - but I think that those decisions come with our regular decisions. Unfortunate - I much prefer USC's system where they give scholarship decisions earlier.
    · Reply · Share
  • rprewettrprewett 7 replies0 threads New Member
    I just got an email asking for a signed copy of a tax return for financial aid. Since BU is need blind, could this be good news?

“ Greetings from Boston University! Although a decision on your application for admission has not yet been reached, BU Financial Assistance is currently reviewing your application for financial aid. We need additional information or documents before we can proceed with our review...”
    · Reply · Share
    edited February 10
    @rprewett Now that BU meets 100% need they are NOT need blind. They are need aware.
    edited February 10
    · Reply · Share
  • rprewettrprewett 7 replies0 threads New Member
    Does this mean anything then?
    · Reply · Share
  • Haha128Haha128 81 replies12 threads Junior Member
    @TomSrOfBoston Where did you see that?
    · Reply · Share
    @nobody555 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need-blind_admission
    Only the best endowed universities can afford to meet full need and be need blind. BU is not one of them.
    · Reply · Share
  • Haha128Haha128 81 replies12 threads Junior Member
    I just called and was told they are still need blind.
    · Reply · Share
  • BeachyoneBeachyone 5 replies0 threads New Member
    HaroldBenny: Thanks for providing this info. Where did you find this?
    · Reply · Share
  • yawneryawner 15 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @HaroldBenny I am also wondering. Where did you find this detailed information on the current 2024 BU admission statistics and the notification date (March 21)?
    · Reply · Share
  • HaroldBennyHaroldBenny 6 replies1 threads New Member
    I got a mail a few days ago
    · Reply · Share