Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.
Visit our COVID-19 resource page.
Your College Confidential guide bot.
Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.
Spain? Italy? Hawaii? Where do you want to travel WHILE getting college credit? REGISTER NOW for a virtual College Fair on Sept. 29!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
Course rigor: 3 honors, 2 APs, and 3 community college classes so far (6 APs by the time I graduate high school)
SAT: won't be submitting any score to my test-optional schools unless I score above a 1500 in august
- summer earth science internship program w/ 9% acceptance rate
- summer research intern at a clinical lab where I conducted DNA and enzyme research with a mentor
- science fairs, online science competitions both at the global and national level (won a small award for an online global comp)
- team leader for biology contest that I participated in with a group of students
- founded a climate change and ocean preservation nonprofit my sophomore year and I have been running it ever since
- co-founder and secretary of a club at my high school aiming to de-stigmatize mental health
- band for 3 years
- speech and debate for 3 years and am currently a captain
- was selected to be an outreach committee member of a hepatitis b organization for 2 years