right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Spain? Italy? Hawaii? Where do you want to travel WHILE getting college credit? REGISTER NOW for a virtual College Fair on Sept. 29!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

ED Chance

CC AdminCC Admin Administrator 29512 replies3013 threads Senior Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: Chance Me Boston University (Class of 2025, currently a junior).
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: ED Chance

• sjentisssjentiss 1 replies0 threads New Member
    planning on apply ed for class of 2025 either as a bio major or human physiology major

STATS
    uw gpa-3.63 w-4.11
    no class rank
    ACT: 35
    sat math ii:770 planning to take sat bio in august

CLASSES:
    -sophomore year: ap euro(3)
    -junior year: ap calc ab(5), ap psych(4), ap bio(3)
    -senior year: ap chem ap stats ap gov ap econ ap csa
    -honors bio/chem, math, english freshman and sophomore year
    -three years of spanish
    -took anatomy(A), preparing for health care occupation(B), and sociology(A) courses at colleges

EAs:
    -CPR and first aid certified
    -summer medicine program at Berkeley
    -volunteered at community events freshman year(16 hours)
    -red cross leadership medical program
    -stanford clinical summer internship
    -tutored math for 2 years
    -volunteered continuously every week since sophomore year at hospital(200+ hours) going to be shift leader
    -shadowed three surgeries
    -shadowed at a clinic
    -founded genetics club at school and raised about $400

profile:
    indian american female from california

planning to get rec letters from ap bio teacher who i had for honors bio and volunteer coordinator at my hospital

· Reply · Share
  • glassbeadsglassbeads 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I just graduated as a bio major from BU, you seem to be a strong but fairly standard candidate. However, I think BU will likely like the fact that you're applying ED. I also think that your strong clinical experience is definitely a plus, particularly for the human physiology program. I say go ahead and apply if BU is your dream school! Best of luck!
    · Reply · Share