Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Land of the Lost (AKA ED)

2»

Replies to: Land of the Lost (AKA ED)

• kinshasakinshasa Registered User Posts: 1,468 Senior Member
    My S submitted the housing interests survey yesterday. I hope that when housing gets it, they check and see "hmm, we already have his $650 deposit" because it was sent last January and then assign him to a dorm. Technically ED does not have preference in housing, but I think that the earlier you commit the $650, the faster you'd be assigned. Because all ED's sent their deposits already, they should get first choice, don't you think?
    Also, I hope that orientation checks and sees his deposit is there and send his registration stuff pronto so we can choose which session to attend.
  • tipsptipsp Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Actually, it says on the website that students admitted ED have priority consideration for housing.
  • lilly1lilly1 Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    I wonder if they will remember that.
  • NomNom Registered User Posts: 968 Member
    @lilly1: They'll remember. This isn't the university's first year doing this ; )

I received my Open House Information packet by mail today. I'm glad, because the website still doesn't work.
  • lilly1lilly1 Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    I submitted mine online, but I have not received a confirmation, or a packet. I was just thinking- If I had not discovered this website in January, I would be still waiting for my March e-mail from BU, and I probably wouldn't have known about the welcome day for admitted students, etc --and maybe noone would have even had that link if someone had not called BU (Nom?) . Anyway I know how busy they must be, but that is pretty shoddy.
    Yeah, I called and got them to pin the link up, but it still doesn't work for me. The "Welcome Page" link is there, alright, but the CAS Openhouse RSVP link just brings me back to the applicant link splash screen.

I would disagree with you, though, about the website. We have been using Applicantlink since the beginning of the application process. After using Applyweb, we were e-mailed aabout Applicantlink. You even used it to view your acceptance decision. The letter that came with the pop-up map reminds you to visit the website. The open house packet arrives this week. You have ample time to make reservations.

Yes, BU is doing a shoddy job managing us. No, the admissions office is not the devil incarnate. Call them, they're very kind and accommodating.
  • Chrisso620Chrisso620 Registered User Posts: 427 Member
    I'm an RD kid, and I want a sweet popup map!!
    Your time will come, Chrisso620. Your time will come. Accepting BU should hasten its delivery.
2»
This discussion has been closed.