right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
2 DAYS until our "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. Ask your question NOW if you are a registered member!

What BU is like

LergnomLergnom 7737 replies189 threads Senior Member
edited May 2008 in Boston University
This will give more of a flavor than any advice.
edited May 2008
10 replies
Post edited by Lergnom on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What BU is like

• B05T0NB05T0N 938 replies7 threads- Member
    I'd be lying if I said I didnt meet some of the weirdest individuals I've ever met, at BU. That's true, though, it's definitely reflective of a good portion of the population.
    · Reply · Share
  • LergnomLergnom 7737 replies189 threads Senior Member
    Well, talk about off the wall comments . . . the point is (was?) that people making fun of each other, being snarky, being helpful, trying to be funny - and in that particular thread, succeeding - is a big part of the social world at BU. And at every school.

I know you've transferred - and my advice remains, that you turn the page and move on - but if you think BU students are "weird" then you'll be disappointed for the rest of your life. Unless of course your idea of non-weird is suburban think-a-like, dress-a-like, act-a-likes.
    · Reply · Share
  • B05T0NB05T0N 938 replies7 threads- Member
    It has nothing to do with me transferring. It has to do with my observations. Thanks for trying, though.
    · Reply · Share
  • NicoleT5050NicoleT5050 66 replies8 threads Junior Member
    Haha. As a BU Alum, I can tell you that post is about as close to exact as you can get in terms of the overall "feel" of BU. The students are unconventional, sarcastic, and open-minded.

If you aren't that way, good for you, but you probably won't like BU if those people aren't your "type". They certainly are mine. I'll never regret transferring to BU. Ever.
    · Reply · Share
  • kjcastillo1990kjcastillo1990 401 replies21 threads Member
    "Are you wearing a hostess cupcake?"

****!
    · Reply · Share
  • DanzluverDanzluver 32 replies4 threads Junior Member
    NicoleT5050-What did you do for housing when you transferred? I heard they are not giving housing to transfers? Are u still a student at BU?
    · Reply · Share
  • whereto?whereto? 57 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Where did you transfer to from BU? Were you happy?
    · Reply · Share
  • b2700b2700 74 replies13 threads Junior Member
    That may be the dominant personality type, but with 15,000 + undergrads from all 50 states and over 100 countries, there has to be a good variety people with different types of humor.
    · Reply · Share
  • LergnomLergnom 7737 replies189 threads Senior Member
    No, everyone is the same and there's a uniform. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • aznmatrix1869aznmatrix1869 97 replies10 threads Junior Member
    Are there really around 500 valedictorians and 200 something valedictorians in each class for BU because that is what it says on the website.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity