Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What BU is like

LergnomLergnom Registered User Posts: 7,926 Senior Member
edited May 2008 in Boston University
This will give more of a flavor than any advice.
Post edited by Lergnom on

Replies to: What BU is like

• B05T0NB05T0N - Posts: 945 Member
    I'd be lying if I said I didnt meet some of the weirdest individuals I've ever met, at BU. That's true, though, it's definitely reflective of a good portion of the population.
  • LergnomLergnom Registered User Posts: 7,926 Senior Member
    Well, talk about off the wall comments . . . the point is (was?) that people making fun of each other, being snarky, being helpful, trying to be funny - and in that particular thread, succeeding - is a big part of the social world at BU. And at every school.

I know you've transferred - and my advice remains, that you turn the page and move on - but if you think BU students are "weird" then you'll be disappointed for the rest of your life. Unless of course your idea of non-weird is suburban think-a-like, dress-a-like, act-a-likes.
  • B05T0NB05T0N - Posts: 945 Member
    It has nothing to do with me transferring. It has to do with my observations. Thanks for trying, though.
  • NicoleT5050NicoleT5050 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    Haha. As a BU Alum, I can tell you that post is about as close to exact as you can get in terms of the overall "feel" of BU. The students are unconventional, sarcastic, and open-minded.

If you aren't that way, good for you, but you probably won't like BU if those people aren't your "type". They certainly are mine. I'll never regret transferring to BU. Ever.
  • kjcastillo1990kjcastillo1990 Registered User Posts: 422 Member
    "Are you wearing a hostess cupcake?"

****!
  • DanzluverDanzluver Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    NicoleT5050-What did you do for housing when you transferred? I heard they are not giving housing to transfers? Are u still a student at BU?
  • whereto?whereto? Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    Where did you transfer to from BU? Were you happy?
  • b2700b2700 Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    That may be the dominant personality type, but with 15,000 + undergrads from all 50 states and over 100 countries, there has to be a good variety people with different types of humor.
  • LergnomLergnom Registered User Posts: 7,926 Senior Member
    No, everyone is the same and there's a uniform. :)
  • aznmatrix1869aznmatrix1869 Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Are there really around 500 valedictorians and 200 something valedictorians in each class for BU because that is what it says on the website.
This discussion has been closed.