Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
kevster1001kevster1001 Registered User Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
edited January 2008 in Boston University
•CA Resident / Asian American
•GPA: 3.4UW/3.6W (approximates)
•Very competitive Public school (No.1 in District, one of the 21 Public Elites according to Newsweek)
•Class size: ~550

•SAT: 2060 (650 M, 800 W (12 essay), 610 CR)
•SAT 2: Spanish Language: 760
U.S. History: 650

EC’s:

•Aid for Africa (11-12): Publicist. I was elected as a Publicist when the club first started in my Junior year. I am responsible for creating club flyers, planning for the Club Fair and other fundraising events, and creating designs for club t-shirts.
•Amnesty International (11-12): Member.
•Church Homeless Ministry (11-12): Volunteer. I have multiple responsibilities, including tables/chairs preparation, food distribution, serving coffee, and singing in the choir.
•City's Open Space Nature Preserve (Summer 2006): Volunteer. I mainly worked on trail maintenance and administrative work.
•Tutoring (9): I tutored elementary kids around my neighborhood in Guatemala.
•Soccer instructor (9): I taught soccer to elementary kids around my neighborhood in Guatemala.

Awards:

•Principal’s Honor Roll

Recs:

•Counselor –good. I know her very well.
•English teacher – good. Had her for junior year and have her now too. She knows me well too, academically and personally.

•I lived in Guatemala for about 14 years. I moved to the U.S. for 10th grade. I realized that my current school’s curriculum is way harder/stronger than that of the school I attended back in Guatemala. Although not a straight A’s student, I tried my best to pull a decent GPA while adapting to my new life in the US.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by kevster1001 on

Replies to: Chances?

This discussion has been closed.