Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What does Trustee Scholarship cover?

Replies to: What does Trustee Scholarship cover?

• Millerl1teMillerl1te Registered User Posts: 725 Member
    I called the university and they said it will still be awarded and there is no indication that it will be taken away.
  • 2boyshere2boyshere Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    When do you find out about the Trustee Scholarship? Is in included in your decision info? On-line? Mail?
  • laxtaxilaxtaxi Registered User Posts: 758 Member
    My understanding, which is likely as limited as yours, is that the T'ee Scholarship notification precedes BU acceptance letters by a short period of time - like a day or two.
  • BU GuruBU Guru Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I was a Trustee Scholar at BU and now serve on the Board of Admissions. There is absolutely no truth to the previous assertion that we are considering eliminating or paring down this scholarship program. To answer another question that was posed as well, the scholarship covers tuition and fees for all four years, provided that the student maintain a 3.5 GPA each academic year. (So if you earn a 3.4 GPA first semester and a 3.6 GPA or higher second semester, you're in good shape). I really enjoyed the program. You have the opportunity to meet with other students in the program once a week freshman year and listen to a series of lectures from the university's best professors. After freshman year, this lecture series is not required, but many upperclassmen attend because they're very interesting and it's also a great social event.
  • saccolicioussaccolicious Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    I got my letter saying I'm a Trustee Scholar today!
  • Millerl1teMillerl1te Registered User Posts: 725 Member
    saccolicious, where are you from? what state? I live in FL and Im hoping to get one...
  • shellseekers46shellseekers46 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    D is hoping for Trustee Scholarship too! We're in MA and probably would have been notified by now. Sad :(
    Mass, and it was so surprising cause I thought my essay was absolutely terrible!
  • GrayAreaGirlGrayAreaGirl Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    ^ So pretentious. >_>
    thank you grayareagirl.....if only you knew me
    You misspelled pretentious in your username.
  • limetimelimetime Registered User Posts: 743 Member
    GrayAreaGirl, no need to be so judgmental!

And CONGRATS to saccolicious. :) I'm an applicant, too, and I hope to hear back from them soon! :D
  • politica18politica18 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Congrats saccolicious! I got my letter today too. Though I'm in the northeast as well, so maybe if they sent them on the same day those living further away will receive theirs later. Who knows?
    Saccolicious = joke.
  • bruno09bruno09 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    BU Guru - Would you mind if I PM you with some questions about the Trustee Scholarship? My son has been offered the award, and we are a little shocked.
This discussion has been closed.