right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Acceptance rate for different schools/colleges

pumpkinspumpkins 478 replies167 threads Member
edited October 2009 in Boston University
Does anyone know the acceptance percentage for the 17 schools and colleges of BU?

Also, if I were to apply with an undecided major would I be put into CGS?
edited October 2009
2 replies
Post edited by pumpkins on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Acceptance rate for different schools/colleges

• sak09sak09 1020 replies131 threads Senior Member
    There isn't a set acceptance rate for each school. They are all about the same (except for CGS) yet they look at different things in an application. ENG will want a strong math background, while CFA will look at your talent. It really depends on which school you're applying to.

No, if you are undecided you still apply to a certain school just not with a major. Most undecided people just apply to CAS since it's the biggest school with the most majors and stuff but I also know a kid who's in ENG undecided. Just apply to whichever school you are interested in. You don't have to have a specific major in mind.
    · Reply · Share
  • AlectricityAlectricity 362 replies26 threads Member
    However, if your stats are particularly low, you could be deferred to CGS and have guaranteed admission into any other college after your 2 years there. I advise you not to go into CGS though because people tend to look down on them and they get almost as much work as any other school despite the lower requirements for admission.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity