right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

BU good with scholarship money?

garygl2garygl2 124 replies10 threads Junior Member
edited February 2010 in Boston University
I'm fairly sure (match) that I'll get into BU, but I'm more worried about how much money I'll get. [Edited with approx. family income] What do you guys think? Here are my stats:

Ethnicity: Asian American
School type: Public
Unweighted GPA 4.0, class rank 1 out of 220

Family size: 4 (father, mother, brother and I)
Family income per year: ~$43,000

SAT I score (one sitting) 1780, Math 630, CR 540, Writing 610
SAT II scores: Biology M 630, US History 580

AP classes: One semester AP English Literature, two semesters of AP biology

Awards: National Honor Society member for three years, won NYC Dept. of Education "Musicianship Award" [trumpet section leader of school ensemble]

Extracurricular / activities: Operate a YouTube channel (for past four years), producing over two hundred videos, 15,000 subscriptions,

6,000,000 views worldwide

Production leader in school video production team

Cinematographer [internship] for Public School Athletic League (PSAL) for the past two years, filming live sports events

President and founder of school guitar club, started Fall '09

100+ hours of community service, working in college office at my school, tutoring fourth grade kids at public elementary school

Freelance videographer, running my own business starting summer of 2009
edited February 2010
3 replies
Post edited by garygl2 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: BU good with scholarship money?

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity