Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

chance me at bowdoin and others?

2320student2320student Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited October 2011 in Bowdoin College
this is my first thread, so hopefully i'm doing this right.

i am a current senior at a pretty good public school in CA. i am really interested in bowdoin - i haven't visited but i'm attracted to the friendly/overall very nice student body and wonderful location (beautiful nature and proximity to but not too rural). bowdoin is my top choice, but i'm also applying to: pomona, middlebury, amherst, dartmouth, colby, among others. i'm also thinking about tufts, columbia, scripps, and some others. for college, i am looking for a community feel, with great academics and a warm/welcoming student body - i am not too fond of urban areas, but i don't want to end up in a very rural location. i am interested in environmental science, languages/international relations. what do you think - what kind of chance do i have at getting into bowdoin/some of the other colleges on my list? do you have any suggestions about other colleges i should be applying to?
all help is very much appreciated, thanks!

GPA - Unweighted
GPA - Weighted
Class Rank
SAT I Math
SAT I Critical Reading
SAT I Writing
SAT II U.S. History
SAT II Math Level 2 (IIC)
SAT II French with Listening
Significant Extracurriculars
Editor-in-Chief of school magazine, soccer,manager and founder of student-run charity/pen pal program, tutoring peers at school, tutoring/mentoring kids at off-campus center
Leadership positions
Editor-in-Chief of school magazine, manager and founder of student-run charity/pen pal program, Vice President of Model United Nations
Athletic Status - list sport and your level
Soccer; CYSA (California Youth Soccer Association) since 6th grade
Volunteer/Service Work
Tutoring peers and elementary-aged kids, run own charity/pen pal program, total 200+ hours
Honors and Awards
President's Award, National Merit Commended Student, AP Scholar, several journalism awards, Physics departmental award
Other: I am a Swiss immigrant and speak French fluently, if that can help me at all. My teacher recs are pretty good, my counselor letter i am pretty sure will be really good because I am on amazing terms with her, my common ap essay is average but I am still working on it.
Post edited by 2320student on

Replies to: chance me at bowdoin and others?

• VivaciousakrishVivaciousakrish Registered User Posts: 243 Junior Member
    Bowdoin = IN. well unless you're gonna RD, then it's half IN.
    Pomona = half in
    Middlebury = match
    Amherst = low match
    Dartmouth = Reach
    Colby = In
    Tufts = In (might get waitlisted, sigh.)
    Columbia = Reach
    Scripps = In.

Your background is great. Btw, help me out on CR please :D
This discussion has been closed.