Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Early Decision Notification

Replies to: Early Decision Notification

• toraseetorasee Registered User Posts: 571 Member
    I recall someone saying last year that the acceptance envelopes were surprisingly small . .
  • steve136steve136 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    the wait for the decisions notification is killing me and yet, I'm sure I won't be able to open the email/letter when it arrives. AHH!
  • i267092i267092 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I have often read what others have written on this site but never felt compelled to add anything myself. Just wanted to say I am in the same boat as the rest of you - ahh to be a part of a very nervous and hopeful little community - and I wish you all the best of luck (deep breaths guys (and girls) all will be all right - the wait is almost over).
  • royal73royal73 Registered User Posts: 275 Junior Member
    The EDII acceptance S received last Feb.was in an envelope about 10"x13", large enough to hold the folder of acceptance-related documents, but not terribly thick. It was pretty obvious it was an acceptance as there was no need for bad news to be in an envelope that size. Good luck to those of you waiting to hear!
  • SushiRollSushiRoll Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    3 more days til they mail them out!
  • cuppycakecuppycake Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    blarg!!!! so much pressure!!!!! welcome to the club i267092- the club of stressed seniors in hopeful anticipation.
  • i267092i267092 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks cuppycake! I feel right at home : )
  • LouisianaLouisiana Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    So, if they send out the mails on 10th, does that mean they will also e-mail the results for the international applicants on 10th as well?

Ah...........I'm so nervous!
  • steve136steve136 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    i have no idea louisiana! I really hope they do though!
  • skipperdog121skipperdog121 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I just want it all to be over...I'd almost rather hear back now and get rejected than have to wait another few days :P
  • kwackerkwacker Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I hear the last two years they actually mailed the ED decisions on the second Thursday in Dec, which would be today. Anyone hear any gossip as to whether they are mailing today? I will go nuts if I don't get by Saturday but have to wait until next week!
    kwacker -- torasee often has good info, so maybe torasee will chime in today. I had the same info you do re notifications going out on Thu. in the past. For S, who was ED II for class of '14, the notifications were mailed a day before they were supposedly going out. They were mailed the first Thu. in Feb.
  • PiousAeneasPiousAeneas Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    the orient articles have said BY december tenth. so that could very easily mean today. terrifying.
  • cgv134cgv134 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    So, if they were mailed out today, do you think that I'll see it in my mailbox tomorrow? I'm going away all weekend- if I have to sit helplessly a few states away knowing that that silly letter is waiting for me, I MIGHT go crazy.
    The Orient comes out on Fridays. Last year there was an article in the Fri. 12/11 issue that reported on the ED I decisions sent out on Thu. If nothing is posted on CC tonight by anyone who knows if decisions went out today, you could check tomorrow's Orient for an article. Also, if the mailing was today, some applicants will get word tomorrow.
    Admissions accepts 36% in ED I - The Bowdoin Orient
This discussion has been closed.