Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

sat important please give advice

momoneymomoney Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
edited October 2005 in Bowdoin College
would you send these scores to bowdoin

sat:
cr 620
m 720
w 710

sat2:
us history 800
biology m 700
french 680
Post edited by momoney on

Replies to: sat important please give advice

• oliveroliver Registered User Posts: 368 Member
    Well from simply adding your score and multiplying by (2/3) I got that you got a 1366 in the old 1600 scale, which is right at the mean 50% (1380) - so I would say it's your call to submit

Since the new SATs havent been going on for too long, there isnt a lot of information available about them, but I'd say you could if you want to - they shouldn't hurt you.
  • momoneymomoney Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    thanks for your advice. just curious, as i think you go to bowdoin, what did you write about for your supplementary essay (if you want to say). muchos gracias.
  • oliveroliver Registered User Posts: 368 Member
    Hrm. One of my essays was about a history teacher, since I was applying as a math/computer science/biology person, I mixed it up and said my best teacher was history and explained why. The other was about why I wanted to be a biology major with an anecdotal tale about the lack of reaction to people on a beach to a sea turtle coming ashore. (and how I thought that was sad and could be changed through education).

Not sure which was which there.
This discussion has been closed.