Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Bowdoin asking for more information to my HS

JamiecagoJamiecago Registered User Posts: 460 Member
edited March 2010 in Bowdoin College
My councilor told me that Bowdoin asked me for more info. is this, by chance, a good sign?
Post edited by Jamiecago on

Replies to: Bowdoin asking for more information to my HS

• daffymomdaffymom Registered User Posts: 456 Member
    I would say yes. Why would they bother to ask if they were not interested in you?
  • crazyyycrazyyy Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    when i applied Bowdoin asked my counselor for more info as well and I ended up getting in so hopefully that will mean the same for you.
  • JamiecagoJamiecago Registered User Posts: 460 Member
    thanks! I got useful replies from "college admissions" forum, and now here. @crazyyy, are you going to attend Bowdoin?
  • crazyyycrazyyy Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    absolutely.
  • HorseRadishHorseRadish - Posts: 126 Junior Member
    Was rejected by Bowdoin.

They asked so many questions, my father, exhausted, sent them a dear John letter, in the hopes of having them stay clear of a positive answer, as they were hopelessly annoying.

We were accepted to Princeton, Williams, University of Chicago, Pomona, Stanford, and other safety schools. Being rejected is not so bad. It is about how you enable yourself to be a potential candidate.

Schools build classes, not GPA's. That is why providing reasons for deliberation is more important than the numerical considerations of credentials.

Best wishes and Cheers!
    @crazyyy: Nice! Brunswick is my hometown, so I would love to go back and study at Bowdoin. @HorseRadish: Yes, I've also heard many people who got accepted to prestige universities but was rejected by Bowdoin. Well you got accepted to amazing schools!
  • nkidd23nkidd23 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    extra info on what?
    @nkidd23: no idea. Actually, that's what I'm wondering too.
  • zfox001zfox001 Registered User Posts: 1,212 Senior Member
    They called my counselor last year and asked for additional information. They wanted to see my mid-year grades.
    Its not a bad thing. They are interested in you and wanted to check up on you and see how you were doing in senior year.
This discussion has been closed.