Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

[OFFICIAL] Waiting Room

JamiecagoJamiecago Registered User Posts: 460 Member
edited March 2010 in Bowdoin College
Bowdoin will officially mail all decisions on March 26th. Until then, let's have a chat here, future Bowdoiners: D
Post edited by Jamiecago on

Replies to: [OFFICIAL] Waiting Room

• ck1992ck1992 Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    Hello, from Asia! :)
  • JamiecagoJamiecago Registered User Posts: 460 Member
    hey :) where are you from?
    I'm from Korea, I can see your from South America, which country do you live in? :)
    ah really? No, I'm from the states, but i live in south america. chile. I also have korean background. hahaha =D it's weird though, koreans dont usually apply to LACs :)
  • nkidd23nkidd23 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    thats advantageous for you two =)...good luck to all!
    @nkidd23: not really..I never thought Asian factor was advantageous for Bowdoin.

But anyway, My hometown is brunswick so it will be nice to go back to where I used to live :) I left there when I was like..3
    Jamiecago, can you explain your "korean background?" It sounds interesting. Yeah, I don't think being Asian helps in getting accepted either. A couple of my Korean friends are applying to mostly LACs, but mostly, they tend to go for national universities.

Nkidd23: I'm secretly hoping that what you've said is true!

Nice to meet you all! :)
  • cr_freakcr_freak Registered User Posts: 349 Member
    im asian... I hope bowdoin uses fed ex. It will take ages to reach us otherwise !
    @ck1992: Both my parents are 100% korean. They hold only korean passports. On the contrary, I do not (American passport). I guess this makes me ethically korean and politically american. I've been to Korea several times, but most of the time Koreans label me as 'foreigner,' so I guess I don't tend to carry much of korean traits :)
  • cr_freakcr_freak Registered User Posts: 349 Member
    I just got an email. ACCEPTED !!!! :) they said they're sending the hardcopy of the acceptance letters by fed ex.
    congrats, cr_freak! :D
    Congrats on your acceptance cr_freak! :)

Jamiecago, I actually grew up in the States, and moved back to Korea a few years a go. What's weird is that my Korean got WORSE after I moved back. :P I hope we both get our mails soon! :)
    @ck1992: that's amazing :) hope your korean improves in college...in BOWDOIN!
    Thanks Jamiecago! Bowdoin's a reach for me though. But I keep hoping!

Hopefully I'll see you there! :)
This discussion has been closed.